Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instrument Cluster only thing that doesn't light up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instrument Cluster only thing that doesn't light up?

Okay guys, new issue with Festiclese. My dash lights stopped working. I have the dimmer switch bypassed (Red/white to ground). My radio lights and tail lights work. With the current set-up it was fine but all of a sudden it stopped working. Room fuse and tail fuse are good. CEL, Defog, etc lights work. It's just the Tach light and Speedo light. Any ideas?
    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Also, I got voltage going to the dimmer switch wires. So I know it isn't broke from there.
    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"

Comment

Have you checked the bulbs? There are 2 194s behind and 4 74s total. All of mine went after a good smack to the top of the dash once. Also check the cluster circuit board for any broken printed leads.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk
      91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
      92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
      95 Grand Prix SE DD
      Wife's Stuff:
      89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
      97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
      Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

lmao... i have to slap the top of my dash every night to tun on my cluster lights... ive pulled the circuit board out and checked it a few times but i cant find anyhting wrong with it... let us know if you find a solution.
        I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Have you messed with your radio wiring lately? And are you sure your heater lights are on? My dash lights and heater lights shorted out after I installed a new cd player. Still haven't found a solution, I just wired in a blue led light bar inside the cluster with the illumination wire for the radio lol..

I've tried 2 other dimmer switches since then and the light just don't work, i doubt my problem has anything to do with a faulty dimmer switch.
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

It just started working today, which is more annoying then them being broken. Stuff needs to either stay broken or working.
            Current cars:

Comment

Hahaha that is more frustrating than anything
              -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Imagine being a tech at a dealer and that happen... its even worse when it under warranty.
                Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Working...
                X