No announcement yet.

Temperature sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought an '89 wiring and vac manual on ebay a few days ago but don't know when it will arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by Ford Fester View Post
      I have the 89 but im 600 miles away ill look saturday if this is not solved by then
      Is it automatic?
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by georgeb View Post
        I bought an '89 wiring and vac manual on ebay a few days ago but don't know when it will arrive.
        Awesome!
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Radiator Coolant Temp switch. Input to PCM, pin 1L, light green wire. Black wire at switch is ground. Switch is closed at 63*F and above. Used to indicate cold weather operation, primarily cold-start (choke-function emulation).
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
            got an answer for you from Jim....it is the fan control. He does not remember if when unplugged the fan stays running or does not run at all. If it is like the one up top...I would say the fan would just always run when it is unplugged.
            just to clarify... I was half asleep when Willie asked me!
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
              Radiator Coolant Temp switch. Input to PCM, pin 1L, light green wire. Black wire at switch is ground. Switch is closed at 63*F and above. Used to indicate cold weather operation, primarily cold-start (choke-function emulation).
              BOOM! I was right a week ago! I knew it wasn't for the fan or temp sender because I had it unplugged on Babystiva for a while and those both worked fine. Figured it was something to do with cold start/choke
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

just to clarify... I was half asleep when Willie asked me!
                lol....it was rather late for an old teacher....hehehehe
                "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                There ain't no rest for the wicked
                until we close our eyes for good.
                I will sleep when I die!
                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                  BOOM! I was right a week ago! I knew it wasn't for the fan or temp sender because I had it unplugged on Babystiva for a while and those both worked fine. Figured it was something to do with cold start/choke
                  Indeed! Nice call!

Comment

Now I have to find a sensor with the correct pitch and specs. Any suggestions?

Comment

I know you've been through several different rads looking for the right one, but I promise the AZ one is a direct fit. I've used them on two carb'd cars with that bottom switch, and on both the switch screwed on perfectly after removing the plastic plug. One of them is in Babystive right now actually. Barring that, maybe you can find a switch that is smaller and closes around 63ish degrees. Then drill and tap the current plastic plug to accept it? Might have to switch the terminals on the wires to fit the new switch as well. Or just short the wires together and then stop driving the car after it starts getting cold outside? :lol: As long as the wires are shorted together it shouldn't affect anything till fall temps get here, so you have a little time to sort it out at least
                      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

And its unique to 89 Auto's?
                        Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                        Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                        Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

should be the same as the carbed cars.
                          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Yes, same as carb'd.
                            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I got that '89 wiring/vac manual today if the prob hasn't been resolved.

Comment

Paul works for advance auto, so buying an auto zone rad might be sac-religious
                                -Greg
                                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                                Redneck Engineer
                                FOTY - '09
                                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
                                X