I suck at cars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
    What boost controller do you have just curious?
    Ebay $20 brass one. NXS is the brand. It's not working for me.

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
    Strange but make sure you run with a full tank of gas . Both of my turbo cars broke up anything below half tank . It seemed like the tank wouldn't vent correctly mine would slam badly at times . And make sure your vaf is level . Also maybe take some pictures and someone might be able to see a problem . We have to get this car down to at least 14 . Anything you might need part wise let me know ill hook you up .
    I think your right on the gas level. The time I went to the track previously before yesterday it was only doing it in first gear where the initial shock is greatest and I was pretty low on gas yesterday since I didn't fill it since last time. And I have run a 14.3 before and I am getting better at launching.

Also I think I've read on here that with the Walbro I should not let it get lower then half tank. I should have listened.

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
    Sounds like poor fuel delivery to me. Anytime it revs great under "no load". But then is sluggish & lacking power, but not having electrical spark "miss". Always look to your fuel system first. Start at the filter...... is it new? next Fuel press reg then fuel pump. Hope this helps-
    Filter is new, fuel press reg idk and the fuel pump is new.

Originally posted by fastivab6tg25mr View Post

how early before the track can you get out to my shop on wed? i can try to help you get it runnin 100% and we can go to sacraceway to see if it helped
    I have a dentist appointment Wednesday :sad2:

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I will be reporting back after I fill up. Off to the pump.
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

i have a walbro 255 pump and i run as little gas as possible when i go to the track with no issues

just let me know when...
      Last edited by fastivaB6TG25MR; 09-01-2011, 05:26 PM.
      I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Well, it was indeed low gas. It was basically on empty at the end of the day at the track. I just filled it up to 3/4 and it runs like it should, what a simple fix.

Face palm myself.

91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
        14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
          how early before the track can you get out to my shop on wed? i can try to help you get it runnin 100% and we can go to sacraceway to see if it helped
          nice looking out j. t.

Comment

Working...
          X