No announcement yet.

Fuseable Link distribution block repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just came across this on ebay quite cheap so I ordered one you can use the 30-40-30 fuses, but the power line has to be separated and bladed into each end. They have other sizes, too.

The fuel pump in my 91 has gone silent and the car isn't starting. So I've ordered a new pump - less than $11 delivered and will first be attempting to dismantle and resurface the fuse box- I've had some cartride fuses in that work fairly well,

but its still "fussyble"! Gotta clean it or try this block. I'm wondering if I can wire my cooling fan switch into terminal four, as the harness is mysteriously altered and doesn't seem to have a normal fan connector.

Also just got a new heater blower fan the old one just freezes up from non-use I hope. Also got some rebuilt front calipers and have the pads and hardware. When I get this car on the road, it should be sorted out.

Comment

Did you mean to post a Link Harpon?
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Did you jumper the test connector to see if the fuel pump would run that way?

Comment

oops! Tired from being out there messing with it-

I could NOT get the leads off the fusible link box to get it out to clean- just the main wire side- but gave it good solventing and scraped as best s I could no luck with the fuel pump tho

No I haven't tried to jump it yet- my next step is fixing the clip back onto my continuity testor.

What about the fuel pump relay I seem to be getting some confusing part numbers at different sites- anyone know the numbers offhand?
          Do they vary much from year to year?
          Last edited by harpon; 09-15-2016, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by harpon View Post
            oops! Tired from being out there messing with it-

I could NOT get the leads off the fusible link box to get it out to clean- just the main wire side- but gave it good solventing and scraped as best s I could no luck with the fuel pump tho

No I haven't tried to jump it yet- my next step is fixing the clip back onto my continuity testor.

What about the fuel pump relay I seem to be getting some confusing part numbers at different sites- anyone know the numbers offhand?
            Do they vary much from year to year?
            Harp many times the relay is ok,but the wire and connector go bad. Do the Pump Jump test before any thing else like 1990new suggested . The relay is nothing special,you can get a similar replacement. Doesnt have to be exact-
            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
            X