No announcement yet.

Crank Pulley Spacers - QUICK Please :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crank Pulley Spacers - QUICK Please :)

Fast responses greatly appreciated. My car is at the end of the driveway blocking other vehicles that have to leave in the morning.

I removed my timing belt and put it back on because it was suspected to be off a tooth.
    I have the belt back on, but I can not figure out how to order the spacers or which way they should face. I have tried a few configurations and each time I get a high pitched squeal from the timing belt.

My pulley and spacers.

This engine is from a car that had A/C. I do not have the A/C pulley on the engine.
    Brass spacer was between pulleys, correct? Crank pulley. Then two thin silver spacers.

Thicker brass spacer.

Larger diameter thin silver spacer.

Smaller diameter spacer.

These two spacers keep rubbing on the timing belt. I have put the smaller one on first and test fit the big one first but it appeared as though it would rub as well.
    They both have curves but that changes when the pulley is installed and puts pressure on them. I can not remember how they were when I took them off and there are belt marks on both sides of both of them so I have no idea which one goes where and which way it faces... :cry_smile:
    ~Austin
    Red 88 L (Ocho)

Make the top picture the pulley it would go 3 4 1 2 as in large silver space on crank first then small dia spacer than pulley then thick brass washer . I think this is correct !! Good luck .
    New build on the way .

Comment

It's not rubbing the timing belt anymore. Now the large spacer is rubbing the engine block metal.
      ~Austin
      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

pic #3 is cupped, the cup faces away from the belt.
        1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
        1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
        1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
        1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
        2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
        2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
        2005 Accord - wife's DD
        2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
        2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

I've done that. The spacer is still rubbing on the engine block.
          I've tried the spacers facing either direction and in different orders. The large spacer is touching block no matter what... :/
          ~Austin
          Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

does anyone have a picture of the order? i think i might have mixed mine up as well.

Comment

The spacer order should be - timing gear goes on the crank snout, then the large thin spacer goes against the timing gear with the radius of the cup facing the belt (you can see the outlines where the timing gear was in contact with the spacer). Next is the crank pulley, then the small thin spacer, then the AC pulley, and lastly the thick spacer. It looks as is you aren't running an AC pulley so you could leave out the small thin spacer or just double it up and place it behind the thick one. I usually leave it out if the car doesn't have AC and I'm deleting the AC pulley.
              If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
              X