No announcement yet.

crossmember question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

generally i unbolt the mounts and lift the engine out completely, mounts attached to engine.. the crossmember i never touch unless i want to clean it up. then i just bolt it back in. also helps to maintain sturdiness of the car.
    Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
    Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
    Highway - 7.32L/100km
    City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
      generally i unbolt the mounts and lift the engine out completely, mounts attached to engine.. the crossmember i never touch unless i want to clean it up. then i just bolt it back in. also helps to maintain sturdiness of the car.
      Your answering a 2 year old question from a member who is in the hole, AKA smacked by the ban hammer.

Are you just making your way through every forum post starting from newest and working your way back?
      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

^^

If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
        Zulu Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by georgeb View Post
          I had to take this motor out from the bottom because my axles wouldn't come out. I Don't plan on ever doing it that way again.
          I just took my driver's axle out the other day. I only had a regular flat blade screwdriver and a 6" baby hammer. It took about four or five minutes of gentle prying and tapping because the new seal was tight (you guys know what I mean).

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
            Your answering a 2 year old question from a member who is in the hole, AKA smacked by the ban hammer.

Are you just making your way through every forum post starting from newest and working your way back?
            Maybe, but the thread was unfinished.. i gave my input. sorry for replying.. i believe people were answering before this comment and after my comment.. so i really don't think you have anything constructive to add and therefore find your argument completely without grounding.. besides that, i'm sure i'm not the first person to do this and certainly not the last.

i have a question for you, do you follow people through their responses or are you just finally happy you've actually broken the ice and spoken to me with a criticism or do you do this to everyone you speak to, online and off?

Avg Economy:
            Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
              Maybe, but the thread was unfinished.. i gave my input. sorry for replying.. i believe people were answering before this comment and after my comment.. so i really don't think you have anything constructive to add and therefore find your argument completely without grounding.. besides that, i'm sure i'm not the first person to do this and certainly not the last.

i have a question for you, do you follow people through their responses or are you just finally happy you've actually broken the ice and spoken to me with a criticism or do you do this to everyone you speak to, online and off?
              No, actually, I was just busting your chops, but if you skin is too thin to take it, just try asking me another question on FB again...or here for that matter.

Lighten UP!

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                No, actually, I was just busting your chops, but if you skin is too thin to take it, just try asking me another question on FB again...or here for that matter.

Lighten UP!
                it's ok i was doing the exact same.. lol
                Last edited by jawbraeka; 09-11-2013, 09:50 AM.

Avg Economy:
                Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

I like to go thru old threads of people's banter, take note of their locations, and say outload what they have typed in my own version of their local accents. NC vs OZ a fine fine example.
                  1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                    I like to go thru old threads of people's banter, take note of their locations, and say outload what they have typed in my own version of their local accents. NC vs OZ a fine fine example.
                    Don't forget to throw in a mild yankee influence with my accent, I spent most my life in Florida!

Comment

Working...
                    X