Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

93 festiva changed belt 3 times this month please help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lessersivad
    replied
    Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
    I haven't been able to find the dimensions of the drive belt on the Interent. The last one I put in was a Power Torque 15350 (SAE standard J636). The one I took off has "SP AUTO-FLEX-N FM-35.2" written on it. Not very useful.
    The "power torque" belt should have been the same length as the "sp auto-flex", or at least dang close.

The #15350 was 35" long, designated by the 3rd and 4th digits.

The 35.2# in the second example designates allegedly 35.2" long.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    Just a hunch. If the bearings in the alternator are cooked or the water pump is worn out the resistance to turning would definitely wear out belts.

Leave a comment:

• WmWatt
    replied
    I haven't been able to find the dimensions of the drive belt on the Interent. The last one I put in was a Power Torque 15350 (SAE standard J636). The one I took off has "SP AUTO-FLEX-N FM-35.2" written on it. Not very useful.

Leave a comment:

• zoe60
    replied
    I'm guessing but I'd bet either the alternator or the water pump has a problem and is making the belt go bad.

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    Something ain't right. I have a hard time imagining how pulley alignment might become off but a mis-aligned belt would certainly be noisy and short-lived. Are you using the correct alternator and are the pulleys all of the same variety? Aspires for instance use serpentine belts instead of v belts and obviously the pulleys on the crank/waterpump/alternator are quite different. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Mipulga
    replied
    napas belt

Leave a comment:

• Mipulga
    replied
    Originally posted by 91_festy_Gl View Post
    You should probably check the pulleys for any kind of roughness or anything that may cause the belt to wear out. Also, how tight are you tighting it?
    i dont know how tigth the belt was put on there my friend does all my work on it but i will ask him....thanks

Leave a comment:

• WmWatt
    replied
    What belt are you using?

Leave a comment:

• Nerd Racing
    replied
    also, check for an oil leak and check the crank pulley for runout.

Leave a comment:

• GenevaDirt
    replied
    check all pulleys when the belt is off and make sure they are turning freely.

Leave a comment:

• festivafeva
    replied
    buy a half inch shorter belt if you are tightening it all the way and it still squeaks with a standard belt

Leave a comment:

• 91_festy_Gl
    replied
    You should probably check the pulleys for any kind of roughness or anything that may cause the belt to wear out. Also, how tight are you tighting it?

Leave a comment:

• 93 festiva changed belt 3 times this month please help..

i have a 93 festiva { no ac }and i have to change the v velt on it 3 times this month because everytime i change it it last around 5 days with out squiking. then i tigth the belt and the squiking stops for a few more days.i have owend the car 6 months and really love the car but cant figuire where the problem is ..if you have any help plese let me know thanks..new to festivas
Working...
X