Ignition broken - Need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoever that was, thank you!

Oh, and I have a picture in my gallery of the part separated from the ignition key cylinder. Mine is busted because someone stole ghostiva from the previous owner. So rude...
    Last edited by g00db0y; 10-19-2011, 01:59 AM. Reason: Added photo comment
    Go ghostiva, go!

'88 LX "tiny little ghost" White - 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by g00db0y View Post
      Whoever that was, thank you!

Oh, and I have a picture in my gallery of the part separated from the ignition key cylinder. Mine is busted because someone stole ghostiva from the previous owner. So rude...
      Whoever who was?

Thanks for the tip, I will keep the tools handy......

Comment

Oh, sorry. Someone gave me a positive reputation mark and I wanted to say thanks. It didn't show their name. Sorry about the confusion.
        Go ghostiva, go!

Comment

cool, I always thought that was possible. can you click it back to where it makes those other connections after starting the car but not turning it off? the "in-between" sweet spot? then everything would work as normal, right?
          Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

You'd think so, right? I've tried tons of times but for some reason as soon as your click it back even a little it turns off. There seems to be "three" settings. If you turn it to the right only a half click that's when the fan, heater, and wipers works but if you do a full single click they won't. So when you're in two click mode to start it you'd have to click it back further than just one. Almost one click and them a little more, which then kills the car.

I'll mess around with it a little more to see what basic logic can come up with but I'm pretty sure Kia had a wizard use a spell on it. That's beyond my pay grade. (shrug)
            Go ghostiva, go!

Comment

A hah! It does work! But you have to be REALLLLLY sensitive about turning it back. Turn your vent on medium so it'll kick on when you find the sweet spot an you'll know when to stop.

Whoever said if you put monkeys in a room with a typewriter and infinite time they won't write a wonderful play was full of it. We got this
              Go ghostiva, go!

Comment

Working...
              X