daytime running lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
    ^ yeah we amish and pensultukians have succeeded from the union...
    Be careful, we already tried that & it didn't work very well.lol
    Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
    So the American version of the Festiva doesn't have a DRL module?
    No
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

I have two 93s and a 92 with daytime running lights. Canadian cars feature these things standard but I am unaware if they are necessary for safety checks; particularly since the car is 20 years old. If in fact the module for operating them is shown as featured I just might have a spare set.

Comment

I tried wiring the module straight from the battery and they came on,but im gonna try wiring them from the fuse box but i dont think they'll turn off when i put the headlights on.so that means the low beams will be on while the high beams will still be on via the drl module gonna go and try it now. got my fire extinguisher handy!
        Stock 92 5speed,14"wheels,drls ha,cat deleted,bigger pipe,stock muffler.
        Navy w/blue metalflake and 3 spoke chromies,185/60/14
        Debadged

Comment

As far as I'm concerned DRLs draw power from the engine for frivolous purpose and therefore I am being energy-conscious by disabling them. I have no objection to turning on lights for safety purposes (overcast, tunnels or night-time) but at my discretion and not to appease some gov't regulator that deems to think I can't think for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
            As far as I'm concerned DRLs draw power from the engine for frivolous purpose and therefore I am being energy-conscious by disabling them. I have no objection to turning on lights for safety purposes (overcast, tunnels or night-time) but at my discretion and not to appease some gov't regulator that deems to think I can't think for myself.
            You mean the Canadian Parlimant actually trys to think for you? Sounds alot like our Big Brother here......:eeeeeek:
            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

well,the drls work with ignition,but remain on when low beams are on,but it will do for the safety. Thanks!
              Debadged

Comment

festy's sold in the states didnt have DRL's i jus looked under my hood an i didnt see that box on the firewall
                Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Yea they are required in canada after 1990 i believe. we are so lucky.people drive around with em on at night.
                  Debadged

Comment

Originally posted by Craig1973 View Post
                    i have a 92 L with no daytime running lights .i need them to pass the safety and am wondering where the drl relay and the drl module are located? are they under the dash or the hood? i'm thinking i have a cut wire because the kid i bought it from put those blue headlight bulbs in there. i'm in Winnipeg and they are required to work.anyones help would be greatly appreciated thanks!
                    Welcome! Worst case scenario you can get a $30 kit at cambodian tire thats good enough for safty if your fix dosent work
                    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                    RIP 90LX

Comment

now its just a matter of finding the correct wire in the harness and put it back to stock. Then disconnect them again.lol
                      Debadged

Comment

yea i know piston ring sells the kits too, but am on a beer budget here so... it will work for the safety though. i seem to have a grounding issue as the high beam is on dimly when the low beams are on but the ignition off.
                        Debadged

Comment

It's in german but if you use google translate it's very useful.

93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
                          98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
                          98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Comment

Thanks, Nicholas.That will come in handy!
                            Debadged

Comment

No worries.
                              93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
                              98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
                              98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Comment

Working...
                              X