(not Festiva) exhaust valves not closing on the Galant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
    Who knows lol... it had a blown HG also, not sure why, the rad isn't popped, in fact its chock full of nice tasty green antifreeze. But the oil is definitely very sick looking, and the HG was definitely popped. Along with that there was the bent valve, but the timing belt looked great (replaced it anyway) AND the timing was dead on AND there was no corresponding ding on the piston. Plus it had great compression on all cylinders but the one with the bad valve. So who knows. Now I'm trying to find the "plug" on the backside of the engine that you take out and stick a screwdriver in to line up the back silent shaft... lol the Mitsu guys must have been on crack when they designed the 4G63 back in the 80s lol. Can't believe they still used it in the EVOs till a couple years ago!
    Holy Cow.A silent shaft? I aint even gonna google that :eeeeeek:.
    Bent valve,no mark on the piston hmmmmm? Gonna have to think about that.
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Finished putting it back together today. Haven't gotten it to run on its own yet, but it will fire with starting fluid. Only got a few cranks out of it before the battery died on me, its been sitting a while. Got the battery on the charger now, hopefully have her running by the end of the day (probably not though lol).
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
      X