No announcement yet.

Spark plugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to get new plugs not on the market yet to try out and report back. That stopped a few years ago as the R&D was reduced to a token staff. That company is now starting to see problems, A few warranties show up then the shops find a new brand. This problem is not only with spark plugs. Good luck trusting R&D as you have for many years.

You will have no problems with your car, As the plugs and plug holes are kept far above average, not a fair test for all of us.
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by JohnGunn View Post
      First, I should say that my experiment is ongoing. (The last time I checked was at 1,300 miles and my mileage is approaching 4,000 miles on those spark plugs. Sometime next week I plan to remove them and evaluate their condition. I'll certainly mention the results here.)

I am determined to continue the experiment and, since I know exactly what has been done, I will trust my results more that what anyone else may say, based on their earlier bad experience. In a case like this, what kind of a man would you be if you deferred to the opinions of others when your own eyes tell you something completely different.
      Here is the promised report of my last look at plugs installed without anti-seize after about 4,000 miles.
      John Gunn
      Coronado, CA

Improving anything
      Improves everything. Copyright 2011 John Gunn

Comment

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Muffler bearing replacement, eh?
          ~Austin
          Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Originally posted by anomoly40 View Post
            Man! I need to do that. Can you get muffler bearings on E-bay? Did it help with your performance , & MPG?
            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Seafoam in the gas tank cleans carbon and removes corrosion, WoW!!

Comment

That's a nice pair of tweezers, where can I get a pair like that?!
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by anomoly40 View Post
                  OOooooooohhhhhhhh so thats how you replace a muffler bearing!!!!!! although i don't understand complexity of how that easy and simple of a job truely is, can you give a detailed novel of how and what you did to change the muffler bearing? do you need to drain the muffler fluid first? if you need to drain the fluid, what kind of container is needed to hold the fluid? can i use a plastic container for it or would a metal container be better? can it be stored at room temperature? can the fluid expire if it's not in the muffler? whats the torque specs? do i need to wear gloves for that job as well since your wearing gloves in the pic? what kind of gloves should i get? will the gloves be harmful to the bearing?

This mufler bearing stuff is confusing :dontknow::???:

beating a dead horsebeating a dead horse
                  Last edited by Damkid; 01-14-2012, 08:29 PM. Reason: Needed to add more stupidity

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I heard brass tweezers work better for removal and installation, they won't scar the bearing races.
                    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Non ferrous metal won't absorb the friction modifiers in the muffler lube..

Comment

Hahaha!!! Don't forget the anti-seize on those bearings........Er wait. Will they not work after that??!!

Comment

Originally posted by koRnhead View Post
                          Hahaha!!! Don't forget the anti-seize on those bearings........Er wait. Will they not work after that??!!
                          Not likely, anti-seize is evil and does more harm then good

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                          X