Radio wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio wiring

My radio wiring was hacked badly and the aftermarket radio that was installed didnt work. I bought a factory radio and a Metra wire harness to be able to re-install the factory radio. My question is...on the power plug which wires go where in the plug ? the Metra plug has Red: 12 volt power, Orange: illumination, and Blue: power antenna. Blue is at the top and Red/Oragne at the bottom of the plug. Also in the Metra harnes is a yellow wire marked 12 volt memory. Would the yellow go to the single connection in the radio ?

I have located both the constant power and Acc hot wires in the harness and there seems to be an extra Green/red stripe in the harness that I dont know what it is supposed to connect to. Any help or photos whould be greatly appreciated.

1989 L Carby 4 speed

here is the radio wiring if thats what your looking for

Comment

Thanks for the reply but that doesnt seem to match the wiring I have in the harness. Maybe for a different year car ?

I guess what I'm looking for is what are each of the three pinouts are on the back of the radio where the three pronged plug goes. For example, (as looking at the back of the radio) bottom L ACC power, Etc.

1989 Carby 4 speed
      Last edited by yukonhulio; 12-10-2011, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X