o2 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o2 problem

im having a very hard time removing the downstream o2 sensor on my 97 aspire i failed emission due to it not workin. I then thought maybe if i clean it up it would work well this is a good idea i cant get the thing to budge from the pipe.. are they reverse thread or just rreeeeaaallllyyy on there. what the easiest way to remove this thing with a lack in space...?
    Frankie

fully custom 88 festy (project doomsday) Febuary in 2012 calander
    Blockspire: ken block replica aspire
    AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000110128487

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

Comment

they're REALLY on there! and threre is no cleaning them... just replace it.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

If it's not an electrical issue with the o2 you might try a seafoam treatment, I honestly don't know if it will clean the o2 sensor, but it will clean the engine and alll the components, egr valve and stuff..

It advertises it will help a car pass emissions tests, worst case senario you spend 10 bucks and have a motor that rev's like it's had a fresh ring job.
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by frankm201 View Post
          im having a very hard time removing the downstream o2 sensor on my 97 aspire i failed emission due to it not workin. I then thought maybe if i clean it up it would work well this is a good idea i cant get the thing to budge from the pipe.. are they reverse thread or just rreeeeaaallllyyy on there. what the easiest way to remove this thing with a lack in space...?
          Unplug the wire & slide a 6pt box wrench over the sensor.If you cant get it still.Do the two wrench's in series trick.You know, where you put the box end inside the open end of another wrench.... That'll be way more leverage than you need. Lay on your back,get comfortable.Then pull really hard with steady pressure.Just dont hit your self in the face when it breaks loose.
          PS. you cant remove it with an open end wrench.always use a box.
          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

thanks everyone for the help..i just bought a new one off partstrain for $34 so i should be ok when it gets here
            Frankie

fully custom 88 festy (project doomsday) Febuary in 2012 calander
            Blockspire: ken block replica aspire
            AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000110128487

Comment

Start soaking it now and everyday until it gets here. Use something better than WD like ZEP 45 or JB 80 , even PB blaster will eventually get through.
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

^ yes!!
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

If you use anti-seize thread compound on the sensor during the install make darn sure you don't get any on the sensor tip. Same goes for spark plugs.

Intense heat does amazing things to help loosen seized parts. If worse comes to worse firmly clamp a big pair of Vice-Grips on to the sensor and then smack them with a big hammer.

Comment

Working...
                  X