My muffler fell off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My muffler fell off

I was driving down the road as i made a turn i heard a clunk. I got out of the car to look and there i saw it. The old muffler laying in the middle of the road.
    So now i get to buy a new one, any suggestions I am not so sure on what fits.
    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

where did it break? (along the pipe)
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

wait a second, ill take a picture
      95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

sorry about the bad quality, 1 its dark, 2 i have a cellphone camera

Its broken about by the forward most muffler mount.
        Last edited by Chobobulous; 12-16-2011, 10:05 PM.
        95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

last one
          95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

You could go to a wrecker and get one for $20, and then pay someone to install for about $40.......Around here anyway.......Or just pay $100 for a new one with install.......Depends on what you want

Comment

I plan on having this car for a while so it wouldn't bother me to drop some money in it. What kind of muffler do you have on yours
              95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

ok, it looks like you have an aftermarket muffler to start. i would recomend a thrush turbo 2 muffler be welded in (inexpensive and sounds good).

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

If it rusted off like that do you suggest i just replace the pipe that leads from catalytic converter to muffler?
                  95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

nah, the reason it fell off is poor construction on top of poor spot welds on the inlet tube and the fact that the muffler collects moisture to speed up the process in that area. it's a common issue for festys.

Comment

Last edited by Chobobulous; 12-16-2011, 10:27 PM. Reason: double post
                      95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Ok, last question,

Does it use all the same mounts as the old muffler or do i need to buy something else along with it.
                        95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

wow hard to believe it came off of the hard rubber mounts...unless it was never installed with the mounts being uit is an aftermarket.

ADMIN @ http://ironjuggernauts.com/forum.php?referrerid=1

Comment

The hard rubber mounts were still on the car, it ripped a hole in the exaust pipe.
                            95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

yeah, your old muffler didn't use the factory mounts, so i recomend that when the new muffler is installed, they also install mounting rods to use the factory mounts. any exhaust shop should be able to do that easily.

Comment

Working...
                              X