• Show
Clear All

Thanks alot!
    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

less weight = more horsepower ...lol...
      Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chobobulous View Post
        I plan on having this car for a while so it wouldn't bother me to drop some money in it. What kind of muffler do you have on yours
        I just have a random cheap (nice and quiet) one on mine. It was the cheapest new one I could find, and worked just fine! Good luck

Comment

Fart Can
          Proud owner of Casper

Comment

^ eeEW
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I bought a replacement from an auto parts store and put it on myself. All it needed was a wrench and I think a large screwdriver or something for the rubber mount.
              Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

ill end up doing the same i think, i just want to put it on myself
                91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

I got one specifically for the Festiva for $28 at Advance Auto. All the hangers in place and everything. Bolted up in no time.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Are you going to weld it or get reducers/couplings for it and use the U bolt clamps?
                    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

^ maybe it's just me, but from the pic provided, the exhaust is aftermarket. i see no muffler to mid-pipe flange.
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

common rust problem for festiva, I just by a new pipe and muffler from advanced. Its becomes a bolt together job that can be done on the ground with a floor jack and stands. The bolts up by the cat will be rustry and an inpact helps
                        money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

It's rare that I don't need to use a torch to get the nuts loose, even ones I've Never-Seized before, but since I have a torch it's not a big deal. And it's such a pleasure to work on an exhaust system that bolts together vs. those damn slip-joints. Along about 1992 when I first had to replace the muffler and saw those flanges was when I started to fall in love with Festivas.

Comment

well that explains mine as well lol i got under to drop my coils and noticed the muffler was gone.... like that when i got it im juss gunna leave it off less weight= faster haha
                            89 festiva all of a mighty 1.3 Tha Black Bullet and good ole casper got casper when I was 15 and loved em ever since

Comment

My muffler has the same issue. The inlet weld broke. The muffler stayed on the car, but I removed it to look at things.
                              I took it to an exhaust shop and they said it was damaged inside and I needed a new one. It is a little messed up, but I think still usable. They wouldn't repair the weld.
                              So. I'm looking at new mufflers. OReilly's has a Walker for $42 but it has a flange on the inlet pipe. My old muffler was clamped on.
                              Is there an easy solution to this? Can I still clamp on a muffler with a flange?
                              ~Austin
                              Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

you can go to autozone and get a brand new walker muffler for 30-35 bucks and if you did need the piping from catback it is 112bucks but it is one piece and you can install the muffler to it,oh and the good thing about this setup it that it uses the stock hanging mounts and is oem specs which means will run correctly and still be quite

Comment

Working...
                                X