speedometor help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedometor help

My speedometor has quit working. I assume it's either a cable broke or a plastic gear wore out?Anybody bought either, or had any trouble with speedometor? I assume it's not too hard a job to fix?Thanks for any tips or help in advance.
    Everythang is chickin' but the bill, stur it up real good and it's chickin' still...

Easy enough to check......un-screw it from the tranny and spin it by hand. Have someone check and see if the speedo moves. That way you can figure out if its the cable or gear.

Comment

even easier, just pull the cable from the sheath and see if it's still in one piece (super easy to get back in if it is)
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

thanks for the tips

Thanks for the tips. I see in my Festiva book where it is and what it looks like.
        Everythang is chickin' but the bill, stur it up real good and it's chickin' still...

Comment

Broke cable

Does any one know where on line I can order a new cable? I have not found any one locally that can find one.

Comment

RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

Look under "Body-Interior". This is for manual-tranny speedo cables only BTW.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Went to get one of these for mine about a week or 2 ago but it doesn't have the right connector on the end. Couldn't find one anywhere. Bought one from someone on here.
                1993 Ford Festiva (automatic) First car :) No nickname yet :(

Comment

http://www.revzilla.com/product/motion-pro-speedo-cable-kit?utm_source=Google&utm_campaign=Tool&utm_medium =base&utm_keyword=motion-pro-speedo-cable-kit&adtype=pla&kw={keyword}&gclid=CPfMsYPd3K4CFWsa QgodRCnZWQ#activate_zoom

This costs twice as much, $14 but has several ends to choose from..Do you have a pic
                  of the connector? Also I used copy link above but the company, revzilla.com can be
                  searched.
                  Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

you can use a Protege dx manual trans cable... or a complete aspire cable as well.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help on the cable.I ended up buying a used one from the local scrap yard. It works good but I would have rather put a new cable in. Thanks again for sharing all the information.

Comment

Unless you're preparing/planning for an heirloom, used parts are worthwhile especially when the job of putting them in is not monumental (ie speedo cable). A car usually wears out long before the cable. Hope you lubed this one carefully and checked for kinks or other suspicious places of friction.

People here have been discovering that early Kia Rio parts are sometimes compatible with Festys and it may be that speedo cables and sheaths are another one of those parts.

Glad you found something that works!

Comment

Working...
                        X