increase horsepower??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• increase horsepower??

I have a 1990 ford festiva LX that i race on a circle track, i need to have my foot to the floor nearly all the way around the track. im wondering if anybody has any tips i could use to increase my hp.
    #57 fester' LX

B6 swap
    89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
    My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Klze swap :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I was gonna say something bigger, but figured they might of had rules and most anyone that looks at a B6 in a festiva cant even tell that its not the original engine. KL swap would be the way to go though.

Comment

Have you lightened the car by removing the back seat and other interior extras that you don't need? Free horsepower there. What kind of exhaust are you running? Intake system? Are you running a manual trans or auto? Try to keep the RPMs up and that will give you more power. If you don't have a tach, that is must. You may be in too high of a gear and downshifting may help.
          The Festiva Store
          Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

We really need to know the class rules before we can make any real good suggestions.............
            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
              We really need to know the class rules before we can make any real good suggestions.............
              Exactly.
              The Festiva Store
              Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

^ if it's an LX, it already has a tach and i can't immagine him using an auto to race with (too slow off the line and no real throtle control).
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

LS1 dude

Comment

it is an auto, only auto festiva ive seen to be honest lol, its completely stripped, just one seat & rollcage, ive thought of swapping the engine but rules say i need the stock engine in it. i have a straight pipe with a cherrybomb on it for exhaust
                    #57 fester' LX

Comment

you need an aspire trans (manual swap), FMS cam, Header, BP throtle body. are you running the 12" wheels?
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

You could totally do a b6 swap and manual swap then. B6 really looks no diffrent then the B3. Track officials wouldnt even notice.

Comment

Seems to me even if the festy should have come with a b6.. it didn't so that is still cheating.

I'd think even swapping in a manual trans would help out a lot with having to have it floored all the time. Going from 3 gears to 5. Get some 13" rims/tires. And depending on funds do what Festyboy said.

Many people like to cute holes in the air intake to open up airflow. Some claim to feel a difference, I haven't done it myself to see.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                          The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

I used to slalom race against guys that always attributed their losses to car/engine performance and not a one of them was willing to admit they just couldn't drive. They spent small fortunes on their specialty vehicles whereas I drove mine all week, albeit with a few discrete tricks, and then showed up at the track. Granted, I did lust over some of the stuff they were doing but wine, women and song prevailed in my younger days.

Comment

Charlie1717; I only drive my auto Festy when I have too. It is a joyless slug in comparison to the manual transmission versions. A few folks here think they are the 'cat's behind' for launching bigger engines but I totally disagree.
                              When operating a manual you drive the car, when piloting an automatic it drives you. No brainer as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Working...
                              X