Engine Wont Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
    Hit the pivot point with some PB Blaster to break it loose!
    Corrosion and/or crude are probably binding it.
    Spray and push it in and release it a few dozen times.
    It is spring loaded so should return on its own.
    If the door doesn't move when you crank it, the pump does not continue to pump fuel, so I think you found your problem!
    I had the VAF the other day and I didn't feel and kind of binding, but what do you think of WD-40 you think that will work?

Comment

Originally posted by JOERIDE View Post
      I had the VAF the other day and I didn't feel and kind of binding, but what do you think of WD-40 you think that will work?
      It has a micro switch in it. Thats what your concerned about. Bath that in WD-40 or 50. Whatever it takes That micro switch is what allows the pump to run. Sounds like you've eliminated the plug then? After you use the oil.Just makes sure you gently blow off the residual with compressed air. Dont be afraid to use W-D. I try to be carefully with penetrating oil especially Aerokroil. It can be corrosive to steel. Just my personal preference.You might want to start putting some "Feelers" out for a good used VAF.
      Last edited by nitrofarm; 01-24-2012, 08:46 AM.
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

LOL

Originally posted by Movin View Post
        For exceptionally difficult diagnosis Barleywine !
        Sounds like EKU, ever drink that? Whew thats some strong German Beer. Its like 10%. Anchor brewery out of WA brews barely wine yes?

Comment

Thanks guys. Car was dead for a couple days now. Fortunately after reading this thread, we took 15 minutes checking for fuel, then the reset button, and etc. We discovered the 3 wire fuse thing was bad. So $4 and we're back on the road. Cool beans
          1990 Festiva L
          Bp swap, stock tranny

[

Comment

Cool Beans....

Originally posted by manxbuggy1 View Post
            Thanks guys. Car was dead for a couple days now. Fortunately after reading this thread, we took 15 minutes checking for fuel, then the reset button, and etc. We discovered the 3 wire fuse thing was bad. So $4 and we're back on the road. Cool beans
            Glad you got it going.Thought of this Movie BTW http://youtu.be/iTMT_eVOKdw I'm a movie NERD,what can I say.Other than......., COOL BEANS !
            Last edited by nitrofarm; 02-18-2012, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X