Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good info

I had NO idea you could move them. This thread makes me happy :p
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
      I had NO idea you could move them. This thread makes me happy :p
      It's encouraging when I don't feel like I ask stupid questions. Thank you.

BTW New baby means less festy tinker-time... I haven't done this yet, but I will... soon.

Comment

You can release the nozzle from inside the hood by squeezing the two ears that keep it in place. It's not easy to see or reach (I use a piece of metal tubing or needle nose pliers). The jets do articulate (ie they can be aimed by moving them with a pin or stiff wire) but often they are stiff or seized. Many different cars use similar or identical setups so scavenging one from a wrecker is often just as easy and then you'll learn how to remove one without breaking the ears.

Comment

Originally posted by htc View Post
          It's encouraging when I don't feel like I ask stupid questions. Thank you.

BTW New baby means less festy tinker-time... I haven't done this yet, but I will... soon.
          Technically, the only time it's a stupid question, is when it's not asked!
          That being said...then of course you got the guys who want to know why "throwing a turbocharger" on a festy or an aspire will not make their car "like" an Mitsubishi EVO VIII right? Or this one "I ran over something/slammed into a curb with my car today, and my very first instinct when I got home is to scamper onto the internet and ask everyone "what do you think i damaged because it's making ________ sounds/noises?

Reason baby, it's not just for thinkers. I'm not a clever guy, but I always think " what would a clever guy do" and then I try to do that.
          Last edited by iceracerdude; 01-27-2012, 07:30 AM.
          97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
          CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
          Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Works awesome!

Thanks to this thread I'm a "straight shootin son of a gun". I ended up using a 90 deg Dental Pick. Awesome !
            This thread should win the Noble Peace Prize
            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip!!

EVO deck'd out with Bruce Lee
              First time owner
              89 L carb'd - white / still needs work
              Bought for mpg and only paid $250

Comment

I laughed all the way thru this thread! :p

It is so cool to know that the little black bump on my hood can actually be adjusted!
                I have the Nisson wipers on mine and the stream blasts right into the right side wiper.

.... I'm a goin' outside to the car now.
                Last edited by drddan; 01-28-2012, 01:19 PM.
                Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Push-pins work to adjust the nozzles. I sprayed with a little Blaster (my new standby) first, and after a little stickiness it was back and forth, spray...aim, spray...aim. Now it's perfect! Thanks guys!

Comment

Who knew? Could this be a business opportunity??
                    Last edited by denguy; 01-28-2012, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X