New Member / Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by georgeb View Post
    When I get back from taking my daughter to the orthodontist I will look in my wiring manual for under dash grounds locations.
    I appreciate that, thanks!
    72 Gran Torino Sport, 351 Cleveland, 4 Speed
    72 Mercury Marquis coupe, 429
    65 Mustang coupe, 289 automatic
    66 Cadillac Calais
    98 Dodge Ram 1500
    91 Ford Festiva

Comment

Use a test light or ? and see if there is power at the meter fuse, 10 amp. Both sides.
      Key on.

Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Looked in my '92 wiring manual. Only 3 grounds under dash. One is radio and has eyelet/screw. Another with eyelet/screw is under drivers side near bunch of connectors. Last is 6-gang connector that has one wire going to ground (but not directly). Hope this helps.

Comment

You know, it's a real pain when blown fuses look perfectly fine...

...walks away with tail between legs

Thanks for all your help.
          66 Cadillac Calais
          98 Dodge Ram 1500
          91 Ford Festiva

Comment

Lol best way to test fuses is with a multi-meter, that way you know 100% if they're good or not lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by guilf1 View Post

Hey, chin up, you think your the only one on here that has had a Duh moment, glad you found the problem and welcome to the site.
              An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by guilf1 View Post

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                Hey, chin up, you think your the only one on here that has had a Duh moment, glad you found the problem and welcome to the site.
                Yeah, we had this one idiot that put his VAF (B6D swap) on backwards after taking it off to clean the cone air filter, and couldn't get it to run for about eight months, until he suspected that it was on backwards and reversed it. :eeeeeek:

I can't find the post where he confessed that he discovered the cause of the problem, and I seem to have forgotten his name too.....probably the kinda guy who can't even identify his sparkle plugs, much less change them.
                Last edited by TominMO; 02-22-2012, 10:39 PM.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Ok, since identifying the blown fuse, I replaced it. Everything worked fine for a week. Fuse blew again. Replaced it, and blew 2 minutes later.

This would be the 10 amp blade fuse in dash that controls signals, tach, gas and temp gauges, etc. Any ideas where to start? I'm definitely not an electrician...

Thanks yet again.
                  66 Cadillac Calais
                  98 Dodge Ram 1500
                  91 Ford Festiva

Comment

The 10A METER fuse runs the backup lights, timer/buzzer, seat belts, signals, inst cluster illum, and cooling fan relay. See if it blows with all of those things off. If it does, there is a short to ground in one or more of the bk/y wires running from the fuse box to the switch for those components. If it doesn't blow, turn on one component at a time to check for a short in that circuit.

Comment

Hmm... I seem to recall it blowing when I put the thing in reverse. Not sure it was everytime though. I will check these things as you said. Thanks!
                      66 Cadillac Calais
                      98 Dodge Ram 1500
                      91 Ford Festiva

Comment

When you play you pay I think is how that goes, Out having fun
                        and 2 days later the funny noises are louder so I took a look, this
                        is right next to my reverse switch, If you like to have fun too take a look!

Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

^^lol i like to have fun too but my festiva does not go off road :lol: I'll get other toys to go off road with

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

did you ever figure out y u kept blowing the METER fuse? ive had the smae problem ever since i disconnected and reconected my battery.

Comment

i had the same problem it is a 10 amp fuse
                              ;
                              www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
                              rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
                              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
                              '92 Festiva L M/T
                              '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

No, i havent had a chance to get under it, but the fuse blows every time i put it in reverse. Ive just resorted to pulling the fuse out when i go backwards. I'll have to fix it before inspection time though.
                                66 Cadillac Calais
                                98 Dodge Ram 1500
                                91 Ford Festiva

Comment

Working...
                                X