No announcement yet.

BP Engine in Festiva bad idle with CEL on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you may have some air locked in the head still. at 45+ mph, there should be plenty of air through the rad to keep things cool. i'll review your FOTM thread and see if anything jumps out at me.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I have the factory single core radiator in my festiva with the BP and haven't had any heating issues. It goes right up to temp and stays there. Is it possible that the radiator could be slightly plugged? My exhaust is fairly close to my lower radiator hose and it is not wrapped. It sounds like either an air bubble or a partially plugged radiator.
      The Festiva Store
      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Hey so a quick update for you on timmay89's festiva. We took a look at the temperature sensor that runs the temp gauge, and it turns out the wrong sensor was in there. It could have possibly been a sensor from a 89 Festiva. So we replaced it and hopefully that fixes the problems.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Working...
        X