No announcement yet.

Lost power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got a couple minutes tonight to take a look at her. Ran a compression test on each cylinder to get a base line and idea of what Im dealing with. Started on the pass side cyl. Came out to 130 next cyl 128 next cyl 131 and drivers side(this is where it got interesting) 120. I pulled the plug out and thats when I knew I had an issue. The spark plug electrode was gone and half of the ground electrode is missing as well. I also found a spark plug wire that was no longer attached to the spark plug crimped end. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day with some new parts
    2004 dodge cummins with a full competition engine and transmission.

2002 duramax bone stock

2013 gmc Acadia

1993 rotted out Festiva 5sp: beater car and daily from MI to NC

Comment

Sunday before I had to go out of town for work I purchased new plugs, plug wires,(because one wasnt even attached to its end anymore) dist cap and rotor, and fuel filter. She has never fired up so fast before. I think the engine was before It even did a full roll over. Took it out and it runs great. Thanks for the ideas guys. I also hooked a timing light like georgeb suggested and it worked like a charm. Thanks guys
      2004 dodge cummins with a full competition engine and transmission.

2002 duramax bone stock

2013 gmc Acadia

1993 rotted out Festiva 5sp: beater car and daily from MI to NC

Comment

Working...
      X