Lower timing belt cover removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower timing belt cover removal?

Alright as you can see by the horrible pic below that my car is leaking oil.......BAD! I am going to replace pretty much every gasket that I can get my hands on including the cam seal and crank seal. My problem is I cannot find all of the bolts that hold the bottom TBC?! It is caked with oil but I have pulled off everything I can find, the left side is loose but the right side is really tight. I've only pulled 2 bolts so far and the manual says 3 but doesn't really show them on the image. Any help is greatly appreciated!

:festiva::newb::festiva:

According to my 1991 Festiva factory manual, the pic only shows two: one is to the right of the tensioner spring (at the front of the engine), and the other is on the left (rear of engine), below the tensioner itself.

My Haynes manual sez the same thing: page 2A-6, pic 7.9. You just have to wrestle with the lower cover a bit to get it off. This pic shows six bolts; the top four are for the top cover.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

There's one under the water pump pulley and 2 near the bottom.

Comment

Bingo! The one under the waterpump pulley was the one causing all the problems. It was caked with oil and I didn't even see it. Now to get this crank key out.....hmmm.
        :festiva::newb::festiva:

Comment

Working...
        X