Engine gasket set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine gasket set

Anyone have a recomendation for a complete rebuild gasket set? I would like to get a full set.And just keep the stuff I dont need.
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Does the re ring kits on rockauto come with top end gaskets?
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

gasket set

i go to rock auto first,and then ebay. i get lots of parts,from ebay

Comment

Im looking for "Personal preference from experience". ie You bought the gasket kit,and you like the quality. Or you bought the gasket kit,and it has poor quality. I know about RA & Chibay. Thx-

Comment

Bump, somebody has to have a favorite one.....

Comment

I dont know if it applies for the festy , but generally , Felpro stuff is good.

And go rockauto before ebay.

Comment

I always buy Fel-Pro. I've used them for years with zero service issues. The only time I stray away from Fel-Pro is if it's for a car running boost or nitrous, then I usually go with a Cometic head gasket. Other than that it's Fel-Pro all the way. I've found on the Mazda motors that you'll typically come out cheaper buying just the gaskets you need rather than the full set.
              If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

X2 on the pieceing together the kit you need, just stick with Fel-Pro and your good.
                Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixSHO View Post
                  I dont know if it applies for the festy , but generally , Felpro stuff is good.

And go rockauto before ebay.
                  Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
                  I always buy Fel-Pro. I've used them for years with zero service issues. The only time I stray away from Fel-Pro is if it's for a car running boost or nitrous, then I usually go with a Cometic head gasket. Other than that it's Fel-Pro all the way. I've found on the Mazda motors that you'll typically come out cheaper buying just the gaskets you need rather than the full set.
                  Originally posted by gauge_half_inch View Post
                  X2 on the pieceing together the kit you need, just stick with Fel-Pro and your good.
                  Thanks a bunch guys! I'm gonna heed your advice with the Felpro. And since I'm working on two engines. I might buy one complete set. Then piece meal the other gaskets. That way I should have the o rings & misc small stuff if I need it. Thanks again

Comment

To my knowledge Fel Pro doesn't offer a full kit. I've searched every catalog I could find looking for a part number or listing with no luck. What they offer is a head gasket set with all of the top end gaskets for ~$100 and whats called a conversion gasket set that has all of the bottom end gaskets for ~$50. If you buy just the gaskets you need it should be around $90-$100 for everything depending on which engine you have.

What are the engines you're rebuilding?
                    Last edited by Zanzer; 04-07-2012, 08:02 PM.

WWZD
                    Zulu Ministries

Comment

To my knowledge Fel Pro doesn't offer a full kit. I've searched every catalog I could find looking for a part number or listing with no luck. What they offer is a head gasket set with all of the top end gaskets for ~$100 and whats called a conversion gasket set that has all of the bottom end gaskets for ~$50. If you buy just the gaskets you need it should be around $90-$100 for everything depending on which engine you have.

What are the engines you're rebuilding?
                      LOL,I just found this out. Looks like DNJ is the only one who makes a complete set. I'm working on 94 Aspire 1.3L. Does the conversion have the water/oil pump gaskets? Becasue I already have Cam,Dizzy,Valve cover seals. I saw that "Conversion set",and just blew past it cuz I didnt know what it meant.

Comment

The conversion set does come with the water pump and oil pump gaskets but you also get a water pump gasket with a new water pump (which I highly recommend installing if you're doing a rebuild). Also, you get the oil pump and pickup tube gaskets when you purchase the front crankshaft seal kit..which is only $8 for that engine

WWZD
                        Zulu Ministries

Comment

The conversion set does come with the water pump and oil pump gaskets but you also get a water pump gasket with a new water pump (which I highly recommend installing if you're doing a rebuild). Also, you get the oil pump and pickup tube gaskets when you purchase the front crankshaft seal kit..which is only $8 for that engine
                          Do you see a Aspire Conversion PN? I see the Festy not the Aspire.

Comment

It should be Fel Pro part # CS96913 for the Aspire.

WWZD
                            Zulu Ministries

Comment

Muchas gracias amigo

Comment

Working...
                              X