Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my 93 festiva project car runs and drives now but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 93 festiva project car runs and drives now but...

hi all! so i bought a 93 festiva L for 50 bucks. i am now at a point were i need help from all you, already did it people. it runs and drives! yay!!! but still has some problems. maybe someone knows. first of all there is a clicking sound that gets higher when i rev the engine.( by the way there is a ford festiva almost complete @ pickin pull i can take the whole engine from minus the throttle body and valvue cover and what cosmetic parts i havent took off a 1990 l plus, efi, auto the engine is 130 to 150 bucks.). second the drivers side wheel is bowed out on the bottom and my axel boot is streched, but all is tight and there, so i dont know why. and were in the hell do you fill up the manual transmission fluid? thtas it for now, i fix a lot already mostlly thanks to this form and my dad the mechanic.
    1995 jeep Grand Cherokee
    1993 Festiva L

The speedo cable pulls out to refill tranny fluid
    Last edited by Damkid; 04-07-2012, 07:15 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

that was what i thought but wasn't sure. thanks!
      1995 jeep Grand Cherokee
      1993 Festiva L

Comment

anyone?
        1995 jeep Grand Cherokee
        1993 Festiva L

Comment

Unscrew the speedo cable by hand and pull it out of the trans. Get a 10mm socket and about 2 feet worth of extensions and remove the bolt next to the speedo drive. Twist the drive out of the trans. The drive is also a dipstick. Use a long funnel and fill it to about an inch from the top. Check it with full mark on drive. Careful prying on drive as the tab is fragile.

Comment

Sounds like your brake rotor and knuckle separated, the bearings are pressed in. If you try to move the car with no axles left in the knuckles it will separate.
            -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Check the lower control arm which holds the ball joint. If detached at either end the wheel can "bow out" at the bottom.
              Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
              X