Short lived happyness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short lived happyness

Ok heres my delema , i drove my festy for its maiden voyage and ran great till i got home roughly 1 mile i pulled in my shop started stumbling and bumbling then stalled out , my first idea was ahh grrrrr so then i checked yes it has gas in it , i pulled both lines off the fuel rail turned key on with lines in a pop bottle ,and guess what no gas ..... no happy here folks i was very happy and then this grrrrr ok my question is which gas line is the preasure line the one with the gold looking regulator or the other one neither pumps gas when key is on at all , how hard is it to do the fuel pump ? I saw a acess panel in the rear floor can i get to it there help please save your bro some well deserved time here shortcuts appreciated

the line coming from the fuel filter is the pressure line. Pump is under the rear seat through that access panel.
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Pics of lines

Comment

Return line ?

Comment

The one going to the fuel pressure regulator (top pic) is the return line. Jump the fuel pump test connector before buying a pump.

Comment

did you turn the car over or just the key on ??? if you just turn the key on it wont pump because the triger for the fule pump relay is in the afm ( the thang on top of your air box) if you pull the air box top off and push in on the door in there with the key on you should hear the pump
            iF its working

Comment

Fuel pump relay shot? It's under the dash.

Comment

I did turn the car over and it didnt pump any gas at all either hose so im assuming its a crapped out pump

Comment

I also hear the relay for the fuel pump when i click the key on

Comment

Wheres the fuel pump test connector can anyone show me a picture thanks so much everyone u guys so rule on this

Comment

The thing on the air box i push in is the like silver fin thing inside the air flow sensor ??

Comment

The fuel pump test connector is a black T shaped 2-pin female connector by the brake booster. Use a paper clip or sliver of metal to jump both pins. Turn the key and listen underneath for pump. No pump listen for relay under dash when key is turned on. No click tap on relay with key on. Still nothing check voltage at pump connector key on and jumper still connected. 12V or so replace pump. No voltage check VAF connection. Enough for now.

Comment

Thanks george ill check it out tomorrow hope i can figure out the right plug to jump

Comment

If anyone has a picture of this plug i need to jump it sure would be awesome help thanks evedyone

Comment

what about the fuel cutoff switch....? (under driver rear speaker cover, red button)
                              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                              X