It quit on me today need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crusher773 View Post
    That's kind of what we were thinking. I am going to be super pissed if we did all this work and its right at the switch.
    Electrical problems never seem to have the " oh, that was easy" effect..
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

I am going to be super pissed if we did all this work and its right at the switch.
      Kinda amazing how people react to things. I would view the cup as being half full and be happy as punch that the situation is rectified.
      ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
      #2 .....Cheesehead
      #3 '91 White - Donor Car
      #4 .....Montana Project
      SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
      Bought her back for $450
      Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

Oh I'll be happy that its rectified I'll be more upset with myself for going the wrong direction.
        1993 Festiva GL The Besty Festy

Comment

The suspense is KILLING me! Was that the problem? Is it running yet???

Comment

Not yet haven't had time to really get into it any farther. Planning on getting on it again for a while hopefully that'll be it.

Comment

Not yet haven't had time to really get into it any farther. Planning on getting on it again for a while hopefully that'll be it.
              Cool. Updates man! I am pulling for you here!

Comment

Ok so here is what we have got so far. I thought it was maybe the switch everyone of the connect points on the switch was pulling ground except one. I unplugged the switch and fusebox is still pulling all ground on everything. The plugs themselves at the ignition are also all still grounding except the lone single connector. I can put my test light in 1 little connection and I get the door buzzer. Both plugs that go to the clutch pedal switches are pulling 1 ground 1 not ground. The plugs that go to the little switches underneath the left side of the dash are pulling at least 1 ground and 1 not ground. I am going to keep looking anybody have any ideas to streamline where I should be looking? We are narrowing it down to a smaller area at least. I am real close to just putting a new harness in it if I can find one.
                Last edited by crusher773; 05-07-2012, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Update there are also a few plugs that are acting normal as well some ground some not on the same harness run as the wiper motor. The one where it splits and goes back into the engine compartment right before it goes through the firewall.

Comment

Come on guys I know somebody has got some kind of idea for me.

Comment

I gather you are using the ohms setting and checking for continuity to ground at all those plugs. Any circuit hooked up to any kind of device (light, motor, solenoid, relays) will show continuity to ground! If the MAIN is blowing, you need to trace the white wire to it's four destinations, alt, ign sw, condenser fuse (atx), and fusebox. If you don't find any source of grounding against metal, you need to unhook that circuit at all five spots and check for continuity to ground. If there is continuity, the harness needs to be replaced. Make sure that the battery ground is disconnected before unhooking any hot wires.
                      Last edited by georgeb; 05-08-2012, 12:37 PM.

Comment

I'm using a test light. I shouldn't have everything I touch pulling ground. I've traced the white to alt and passing lamp relay neither of them were it. I couldn't find where that same white solid wire went to ignition but there at the harness looks like it goes to a couple different colors. From what it sounds like I just need a harness as I'm not having any luck finding where that white is grounding. now I have to find a harness.

Comment

Your using a powered test light, right? When you touch the 2 probes together it lights. Take a device like a headlight and probe a hot and the ground. If the tester lights it only proves that there is a circuit, not a short. You need to disconnect all the connections of the white wire and see if there is continuity to ground. If there is you need a harness. If not, the problem is elsewhere which should have blown a different fuse.

Comment

but if i am connecting test light to positive on battery and i'm getting ground out of all those wires thats not right. that white wire shouldn't be showing ground all over the place should it? that makes no sense.

Comment

Working...
                            X