Brake line question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake line question

I'm replacing the rear brake lines. Looks like one of the factory lines is routed above the gas tank. Is it difficult to remove/replace? I'm guessing it is, but figure it won't hurt to ask.

You don't have to rout them in the original place. Just make sure they don't chafe on something. If/when you have your tank out you can do it factory.

Comment

it's the RR line i'm assuming you're refering to and that doesn't go above the tank so much as just above the tank seam. in either case, George is correct. also make sure the line is tucked up so that nothing can snag on it.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

If you get lazy mechanics to run new lines up in this neck of the woods (such as how most of my cars seem to arrive) the car will be a plumber's nightmare underneath. You can be a purist and re-route exact, or you can be polite and run them in a new but organized fashion, or you can merely do shortest A to B as seems to be prevalent.

Comment

I routed mine over the top. I seem to recall bypassing a clip on the driver's side attached to the body. I found it helped to open up the trap door to the fuel tank in the rear floorboards and pull the line into position through there.
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Removing the tank is a little work but not too bad if the bolt s and such are not to rusty. My car is efi and I replaced every brake and fuel line. There is a how to in the articles forum

Festivame

Comment

Working...
            X