No announcement yet.

Ignition module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do have access to one. Ive got a whole shop full of pretty much anything. What type of wire did u use on tht. Or hell I can just pull the wires off with the old coil right

Comment

Just to make sure I'm seeing what u did right. U pulled the wires out of the plug off the stock coil for the car and spliced in the new coils wires into the olds right?

Comment

FestYboy - Did you get a factory coil-side plug to make that jumper? Where?

Comment

didn't touch the factory harness at all. what i did was remove the plug from the coil and then fabricate a connector to fit the stock connector and insolate the female pins and zip tie it to keep from walking apart. then on the other end i just crimped eyelets and bolted them to the new coil. your black with white stripe is your constant power so go from there. use 14ga wire.

Christ, i just used what i had available that looked like it fit from another application.
          Last edited by FestYboy; 05-15-2012, 09:23 PM.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I have another question. The timing belt cover is warpped and rubs on the belt alittle. Is it possible tht the belt is like moving or jumping teeth while driving? Or being slowed enough to not rev. Or tht the crank sensor is going out? I was messing with the car yesterday and when it messed up I just kept flooring it and turning it off and on and within 5-10 min to ran fine again for a least 15min then I parked it

Comment

that cover shouldn't produce any signifigant drag on the valvetrain, nore should it cause the belt to jump teath. also you dont have to remove the WP pullie to remove the upper timing belt cover, just the 4 bolts and it slips off for inspection of the belt. check your tention and for missing teeth.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Ok will do.

Comment

What about crank sensor could it be going out and causing problems

Comment

your "crank sensor" is the pickup coil in the dizzy, if it starts dropping out, you loose injectors or spark or both (there are 2 pickups in the dizzy, one at 1 pulse per cam rev, and one at 4 pulse per cam rev) IIRC.

Comment

Well when it starts idling and not running well it seems like it's missing spark. Almost like it's missing a cyl or they are all missin off and on randomly. I need to try tht dizzy test

Comment

...check the coil. Its getting hot and breaking up.

Comment

I Noticed today it leaks alot of oil between the engine and transaxle area when it starts running horrible

Comment

dizzy internal oil seal!! check that you don't have oil contamination on the pickups (hose down with brake clean)

Comment

What are the pickups

Comment

pickup coils in the dizzy for ign and injector control

Comment

Working...
                                X