Wiring Harness removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Harness removal

So I'm switching out a harness I am about to the point of having everything done to pull it out. My questions is which direction is best for pulling it out. Pulling it into the cab through the firewall or pulling it out of the cab. Its shorter to pull it out but I don't see how the fusebox would fit through the firewall.
    1993 Festiva GL The Besty Festy

Come on I know someone has done it help me out guys.

Comment

Pull out to the engine bay. Only 2 connectors that way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

How does the fusebox fit through the firewall though? That hole looks way too small.

Comment

I did this just a couple weeks ago, I myself pulled the engine harness through the firewall into the interior, for myself either did not see how the fuse box would fit through the hole. It's really not hard to pull the rest through either, takes a little longer, but not very hard, also makes it easier having someone feed the wires through the hole while you grab them and pull.
          -Josh R

Comment

Take the fender off first. It makes the job a whole lot easier.

Comment

Oh yeah I've got the fender off. Got everything through except that fusebox at this point I'm thinking since I'm that far I'll just cut it. I guess for going back together I'll run through the other way.

Comment

No, don't cut. You pull everything out from inside the car.

Comment

I already have everything from inside already pushed out through the firewall all i have is the fusebox and I have another harness I am putting in. There is no way I am fighting that thing to pull it back through. Its either cut the wires or get the die grinder out and make the hole bigger.

Comment

It's not that hard to pull it the other way. You don't want to cut all the fuse block wires. The potential for loose connections will increase significantly. Trust me.

Comment

I'm not worried about this fusebox I am putting in another entire harness with fusebox.

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                      It's not that hard to pull it the other way. You don't want to cut all the fuse block wires. The potential for loose connections will increase significantly. Trust me.

Comment

Working...
                      X