temp gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temp gauge

my temperature gauge is not working im about to try and figure out what's wrong with it anyone got any good starting points??

My '92 and '89 wiring manual says: Check connector at sensor, sensor ground (threads), wire between sensor and gauge, sensor and gauge. The FSM tells how to check sensor and gauge if you need it. The sensor is near the thermostat but not on it I believe.

Comment

On 90 - '93, at least, the gage sensor is to the right of #4 spark plug.
      mgthrilla, more detail of your car will help us help you.
      Additionally, your location put in your profile means some one might be close by and could stop by to help.
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Welcome! Update your location HERE. It helps to add your zip code as well if you're in the US.
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

its a 91 gl all help is greatly appreciated!!!! im fix update my profile...

Comment

I think you can ground the sensor wire and see if the gauge moves (key on). If it does than it's the sensor.

Comment

im try that i hope that's it i was afraid it my be in the dash because the gas gauge don't work either

Comment

Originally posted by mgthrilla View Post
                im try that i hope that's it i was afraid it my be in the dash because the gas gauge don't work either
                Shoulda said that. It's a different case: check METER fuse by operating turn signals. Check wire from METER fuse to cluster (yellow/white).

Comment

meter fuse??? ill take a look at it i was in the fuse box yesterday but i don't think i pulled that one

Comment

Originally posted by mgthrilla View Post
                    meter fuse??? ill take a look at it i was in the fuse box yesterday but i don't think i pulled that one
                    You don't have to pull it. Just see if the signals work. Same fuse.

Comment

signals work fine and i tried grounding the temp sensor but got no more movement than usual any other suggestions ????

Comment

the needle could be binding in the cluster. the gauge can't have any physical resistance or it won't move.
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                          the needle could be binding in the cluster. the gauge can't have any physical resistance or it won't move.
                          Fuel gauge has same prob.

Comment

If the fuse is ok sounds like a bad ground somewhere in the cluster. Does your cluster have a tachometer?
                            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

The temp gauge and fuel gauge shouldn't effect each, there's no fuses for just the temp gauge

Any chance you have a spare cluster kickin around to swap in and check?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                              X