No announcement yet.

temp gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no tach and no spare cluster... looks like im gonna be pulling it soon!!

Comment

The temp sender is in the side of the head near #4 plug. It provides a variable ground controlled by the coolent heat. If you pull the wire off and touch it to the head the gage should go to the top.

Comment

I think I tried that unless I pulled the wrong plugż?

Comment

Originally posted by mgthrilla View Post
          I think I tried that unless I pulled the wrong plugż?
          i don't think that's the prob because the fuel gauge is off also. The only thing in common between the 2 is the METER fuse and wiring.

Comment

Ok im going to tear into it today. im gonna start at the fuse box and work my way to the cluster. Does the meter fuse and wiring have anything to do with the cluster lights?? All you guys knoledge is super helpful!!!

Comment

Use a test light on the back of the cluster where the gauges plug in.
              You should be missing power or ground, follow it till you find it.
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Had power and ground at the back of the cluster...so I'm at a loss thimk I'm just gonna get one of those aftermarket setups

Comment

If you have a FSM it gives detailed instructions on how to test both gauges. It requires a Rotunda setup but sometimes an ohmmeter can be substituted. Lemme check mine.

Comment

No I aint got a service manual. Sorry but I dont know what a rotunda setup is.....??

Comment

My FSM does not address the problem of both gauges not working. If you have 12 volts at the cluster it must be something in my wiring manual that looks like a resistor that goes to both gauges and is not replaceable (need cluster). I replaced one in my motor home to fix the gauges. I would try another cluster before defacing it with aftermarket stuff.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the useful help!!! got er fixed ran a whole new wire now the temps workin!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X