help please!?!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please!?!!??

ok i was on my way to work this morn tooling down the road at about 70 and my baby just diedied on me no sputtering no noise just died. I've had problems with the fuseable links so that was the first thing i looked at they appear to be fine... so that leaves me stumped. any help with this problem is greatly appreciated!!!!

if you are using the wire links they can appear fine....check them for sure. Check for fuel and spark first.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

what's the easiest way to check and make sure im gettin fire and fuel??? i can work on anything but im not great at troubleshooting under the hood.. thanks for your help

Comment

pop a plug wire from the spark plug and stick a screw driver in it and lay it close to something metal on the engine. Have someone crank it and look for arching. For fuel you can pull the line off the fuel rail and make sure you have fuel.

Does it turn over at all?
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

yea its turning over like a champ but she just won't start up...

Comment

i had pulled the line off of the filter and a lil bit of fuel spilled out of the line. but not a whole lot

Comment

well there should have been a lot.....not to be a pin head, are you sure you have fuel?

Did you hit any big bumps or make a drastic maneuver before it stalled out?

Plugged fuel filter....fuel pump died?
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              I will sleep when I die!

Comment

No smooth sailin on the interstate

Comment

I had someone try to crank it with the line off the filter and it wasn't spitting nothin out. It did the same thing when my fuseable link gave up that's why I went straight to them

Comment

well right now that is the direction I would go on it. Check the links....middle should be fine if it is cranking so check the outer 2. Check the filter....you can even bypass it and put an in line filter in if you can not find an original. Make sure you have power to the pump...and that it actually runs.
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    I will sleep when I die!

Comment

The one on the left side is one that killed the power to the fuel system last time I guess I pull the pump again and check it again

Comment

good luck....keep us informed
                        89L Silver EFI auto
                        91GL Green Auto DD
                        I will sleep when I die!

Comment

Will do thanks friend!!

Comment

do you have spark?
                            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

that's where im gonna start tomorrow check for spark, change the fuel filter and fuseable links... any other suggestions ???

Comment

Working...
                              X