No announcement yet.

help please!?!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you have spark, wiggle test the VAF harness connector while cranking. if you DON'T have spark, i'll give you a test tree to work off of.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

alright man thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
        if you have spark, wiggle test the VAF harness connector while cranking. if you DON'T have spark, i'll give you a test tree to work off of.
        There should be a test-tree sticky on here.

Comment

where i haven't seen it???

Comment

How about shooting some starting fluid into the intake and see if it fires?

Comment

Originally posted by mgthrilla View Post
              where i haven't seen it???
              You haven't seen it because there isn't one. Every time a situation like yours comes up the responses are all over the place. Until Festyboy posts his version here's a general one: 1. Is it possibly the result of some botched recent repair? 2. Narrow the problem down to fuel, ign or mechanical. 3.Try adjustment if possible. 4. Swap known good components. 5. Enlist cheap hands-on help. 6. Let it sit. Maybe it will fix itself. 7. Throw $ at it. 8. Sell it to me.

Comment

have you tried to jump start it?
                it might be the alternator or something dumb and simple.
                ;
                www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
                rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
                '92 Festiva L M/T
                '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

sell it!!!! LOL never!!!! she be running again and i won't be throwing money at it either!!! hopefully with with any luck and help from all you guys she WILL LIVE...

Comment

sell it!!!! LOL never!!!! she be running again and i won't be throwing money at it either!!! hopefully with with any luck and help from all you guys she WILL LIVE...
                    That was #8. Have you already done the other 7?

Comment

ok i just tried the screw driver in a plug wire to see if i was gettin fire and it didn't arc so i don't think im gettin fire

Comment

Well I'm not a 100% but I'm thinking it's them pesky fuseable links. Where can I get a whole new block or something I can modify to work?? I was gonna take it apart and clean it and resolder it but couldn't get it apart. Some of it broke, some one has cut every wire going in and out of it and just twisted them back together. The big white one had a wire nut of all things reconnecting it and it was melted and corroded all the way up the the blade. So I want to just go in with something new what do I need to look for it needs to be something I can get at a parts store. There's not any junk yards close enuff to me to make it worth drivin that far for.. Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Comment

Situation you have, happened to me a few months back. The electric pickup inside the distributor suddenly failed. This was in an EFI car. Under those circumstances (with ignition on) you will still have live 12 volt wires on both sides of the coil but no zap emanating from the coil. Stupid computer is getting no signal that the engine is turning!
                          My version of parts testing usually involves swaps and in this case worked. Dizzies on Festys are screwy in that rotors can be installed incorrectly (3-sided lobe) so do be observant when you start toying with them.

I've also had fuel pumps suddenly give up the ghost and produce the same result: dead car. Cover plate is under the carpet under the back seat. Sometimes easiest to slit the carpet slightly off center to get in there. Floor metal cover comes off to expose the gas tank. Pull off a gas line and turn the key. Should pump gas at a decent rate.

There are many other things that can go wrong but the old mechanic's adage is 'look for spark and look for gas'.

And Good luck!

Comment

Well I'm not a 100% but I'm thinking it's them pesky fuseable links. Where can I get a whole new block or something I can modify to work?? I was gonna take it apart and clean it and resolder it but couldn't get it apart. Some of it broke, some one has cut every wire going in and out of it and just twisted them back together. The big white one had a wire nut of all things reconnecting it and it was melted and corroded all the way up the the blade. So I want to just go in with something new what do I need to look for it needs to be something I can get at a parts store. There's not any junk yards close enuff to me to make it worth drivin that far for.. Any suggestions greatly appreciated
                            Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)
                            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                            89L Silver EFI auto
                            91GL Green Auto DD
                            There ain't no rest for the wicked
                            until we close our eyes for good.
                            I will sleep when I die!
                            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

i tried that but the blades are shot along with the block im needing to replace the whole thing. I've searched several parts sites but im comin up with nothin

Comment

How about replacing with inline fuse holders?

Comment

Working...
                                X