No announcement yet.

95 aspire with first gen b6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since it's OBD-I and MAF, the fuel and ignition maps may not be enough to obtain full potential out of a B6 with a header (not including a cam)....you're looking at an additional 33% (20+) hp. I know zip about the Aspire engine management, but even a stock OBD-II Mustang would have issues going from 260hp to 338hp without some custom tuning. It may even run better (from a tuning issue) with the stock Aspire exhaust manifold.
    What do you guys do with a BP swapped Aspire? Use the BP ECU & MAF meter, or change out to VAF? Maybe you could run the ECU, injectors and MAF from a B6D car?
    Last edited by blkfordsedan; 06-19-2012, 10:48 AM.
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

I'd get an adjustable regulator and see if raised pressure on b3 injectors with the b3 ecu smooths out. Otherwise you are tying a arm behind your back not using the b6 ecu especially n/a.
      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

The car is assembled and runs very well . I'm not saying it doesn't run ,you can barely notice the problem I speak of .
        It's a stock aspire other then fms header and first gen b6 head and block .
        I'm going to move on and install the cam and b8 inj and see it gets better .
        New build on the way .

Comment

Not trying to argue but I think you are leaving some on the table. Would suck if you get high rpm and wot dialed in but it gets 25 mpg when you baby it because of inherent ignition and fuel table difference. Using maf closes the gap some I imagine, keep updates coming. The idea of festivas is to have a 13-14 second car that pulls 40mpg. A25 mpg is any v8mustang....
          Last edited by getnpsi; 06-19-2012, 11:27 AM.
          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

I have used VAFs with all of my swapped aspires, except the KLDE, that had a MAF. I just used a modified harness from the donor cars.
            89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
            94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
            2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
            1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Right direction..maybe think about injectors first, test it , then cam just in case
              new symptoms come up but really not that big a deal, I have to make up my mind
              before long...B ? Auto...or 4sp od auto?? Your low end torque is what has my attention!!
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

MOVIN I would go b6 auto. Plenty of power and a very easy install .If you can locate a shipper i can find three good b6 first gen engines . When i was looking for mine i couldnt find one anywhere then boom found three . i also know of one in MI as well . Just thinking out loud . And oh yea car is running better by the mile , i think the computer is settling haha .
                New build on the way .

Comment

I did a walk about in my lot, have a SOHC 92 2.2 with VAF EFI
                  have a VR4 ...the 2.2 has a od trans on it, that might go??
                  My info does not show swap info but the 2.2 to is a F block
                  and passenger mount would be different..?? Probably better
                  to junk it out for a few hundred and get the mx3 auto???

Comment

aint no way the 2.2 F block will work with anything festiva, besides, it's larger than the BP physicaly.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Hey guys thanks for the info on the header. You were very correct ,guess i had to try it myself .haha see FS WTT
                      New build on the way .

Comment

did you try adding a restrictor to the exhaust at the tail pipe? could give you a little back pressure.
                        89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                        2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                        1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
                          Hey guys thanks for the info on the header. You were very correct ,guess i had to try it myself .haha see FS WTT
                          So, you put the stock manifold back on and it runs better? Did you put the Aspire manifold on? If you have the factory long runner B6 manifold, it may be a nice compromise...but would require some down-pipe mods.
                          Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                          04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                          62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                          Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                            aint no way the 2.2 F block will work with anything festiva, besides, it's larger than the BP physicaly.
                            Yeah boy! I put a tape on it, that mazda is a foot longer front to
                            back, and the block is longer than a festy will hold. Thought I should
                            look at whats here before I get a donor car. I will do some searching
                            before I ask any details.

Comment

So today i installed the injectors i got from gaugehalf , test drove and seemed better but not perfect .The car still bogs then takes off nice ,like turbo lag .
                              I went ahead and installed the cam , had to give it a round on the idle screw and a pinch of timing . The car does run alot better now almost perfect .
                              New build on the way .

Comment

Glad to hear they worked out and you got them in time.
                                Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                                93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                                91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                                93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                                15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                                88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Working...
                                X