Ball joints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denguy View Post
    Actually i have popped out the bj from the sa by heating the sa with a propane torch and smacking the bj with a hamber. Always seemed kinda crude to me, but I was too cheap to buy the proper tool.
    Yeah, if you take a BFH, and hit the spindle right next to the tie rod end, where it goes through the steering knuckle, the TRE will just pop out. It is close to black magic
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Geneva Dirt, I like the sound of your method but i can't picture exactly where and in which direction you apply the hammer stroke to the spindle arm to pop out the ball joint.

Comment

Originally posted by denguy View Post
        Geneva Dirt, I like the sound of your method but i can't picture exactly where and in which direction you apply the hammer stroke to the spindle arm to pop out the ball joint.
        right on the end where the ball joint goes through the spindle. Hit the spindle square on. If you turn the wheel all the way to one side it gives you plenty of room to swing the hammer.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
          right on the end where the ball joint goes through the spindle. Hit the spindle square on. If you turn the wheel all the way to one side it gives you plenty of room to swing the hammer.
          I guess you can 'teach an old dog new tricks'! I'll try it your way next time. Around here salt spray does wonders on metal joints. I make sure to grease coat everything I put on the car and even then some tie-rods and ball joints are a sonovagun to take apart at a later date.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
            I guess you can 'teach an old dog new tricks'! I'll try it your way next time. Around here salt spray does wonders on metal joints. I make sure to grease coat everything I put on the car and even then some tie-rods and ball joints are a sonovagun to take apart at a later date.
            cool...give it a try next time. I would have never believed it if I did not see it and then do it. I have done it that way since. No harm to ball joint if you are reusing and even if not....no other tools needed. With a fork you can separate the the stud from the joint and then you are screwed anyway.
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
            X