Carby not wanting to Idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carby not wanting to Idle

Okay, so I let my Festy sit for about a week, last I drove it, I had no issues, although it was low on gas.

Now I have been driving it and it likes to bounce the idle up and down, then after a 30 sec of idle time, give or take, it will die. When throttle is applied it does fine, but it also doesn't have a bunch of power (less than normal anyway, lol) until after 1500RPM's.

Lately I have had fading issues with my brakes.

Now my thoughts on it without tearing into it, is since the carb uses vacume could I have a vacume leak in the brake booster causing the carb to lose some of it's vacume and vary the idle?

I dont know much about the feedback carb other than it is a nightmare to diagnose. Is it even possible to be a vacume issue, if so I mean the lines are original so it would make sense.

Also I should add that it used to do this if I would "hot rod" the car but would clear up the next time I started it.
    Mike Holmgren
    Thief Rvr Fls, MN
    1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
    "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

To check for a leak in the booster just take the hose loose form the booster, cap or plug the end of it, and see if that fixes your idle problem.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Alright, will be going out their in a bit.

Thanks!
      Mike Holmgren
      Thief Rvr Fls, MN
      "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

Well I plugged the vacume line and it didn't change anything. Right as soon as the choke/high idle kicked off it bounced the idle until death.
        Mike Holmgren
        Thief Rvr Fls, MN

Comment

Turn the plastic idle screw up a bit. Maybe it will clean itself out in a few drives.

Comment

Working...
          X