headlights/tailights wont come on and relays buzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlights/tailights wont come on and relays buzz

headlights/tailights wont come on and relays buzz really loud when I attemptto turn the lights on, any ideas? Would a bad ground do this? Or an accidental polarity mix up in the wiring?
    '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Ok well when the car is idling, if I turn the lights on the car immediately dies...I think I mixed up two black wire on the harness

Comment

Missing a ground. Probably a ground block, which has more than 1 ground. There are only 3 grounds on the body harness, driver headlight area, passenger headlight area, then inside the cab under the dash. These are the main grounds for the car. Make sure you have the main ground from the engine block to the body.
      Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 08-09-2012, 04:42 AM.
      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
        Missing a ground. Probably a ground block, which has more than 1 ground.
        You were correct! when I relaocted the harness I didn't anchor one of the ground blocks back down. Headlights now work perfect. Taillight running lights are still not coming on yet, brake lights do work, but that could be bulbs fuses, etc.

Thanks!

Comment

What did I win!? Glad to be of service
          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Working...
          X