No announcement yet.

Deck prep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's why I left the oil tank on my Harley factory black and have a black oil filter on it.

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
      Really? I know black paint dissipates & white paint retains heat. But what would be the "Wrong" kind of paint? I have the Krylon high temp engine paint?
      I think that is what he said I should have used. Give it a little bit, someone better than I will know for sure. I did it back in 99 or 2000, forget which. I used Chevy Orange engine paint that was sold at one of the McParts stores. I was shooting for an Orange and Blue like the Miami Dolphins.

Anyway, I was replacing the cylinder head after overheating, and had a little time. I put it all together, and couldn't keep it cool. I guessed it was the paint, stripped it off the head, and ran like a top.

*Sigh*

It even looked halfway decent, which is a feat for me, I can't paint worth a hoot...
      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Nothing like coming out of a store and finding a circle of people around your
        car!!
        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
          I think that is what he said I should have used. Give it a little bit, someone better than I will know for sure. I did it back in 99 or 2000, forget which. I used Chevy Orange engine paint that was sold at one of the McParts stores. I was shooting for an Orange and Blue like the Miami Dolphins.

Anyway, I was replacing the cylinder head after overheating, and had a little time. I put it all together, and couldn't keep it cool. I guessed it was the paint, stripped it off the head, and ran like a top.

*Sigh*

It even looked halfway decent, which is a feat for me, I can't paint worth a hoot...
          Hmmmmm maybe I dont want a "physcodelic" head after all :eeeeeek: I think Gray will be better.
          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Hmmmmm maybe I dont want a "physcodelic" head after all :eeeeeek: I think Gray will be better.
            Like I said, check with those who have more knowledge than me. I am a decent wrench, but for this kind of thing, I can screw up, but it might have worked with a little more knowledge. I would hate to think I derailed your plans when you had the "right" paint!

Comment

Like I said, check with those who have more knowledge than me. I am a decent wrench, but for this kind of thing, I can screw up, but it might have worked with a little more knowledge. I would hate to think I derailed your plans when you had the "right" paint!
              Well I'd hate to have the thing over heat because of a 5 dollar can a paint. No big deal,I bought gray engine paint and header paint. So I'll just use the gray. Dont want to have to go through what you did. I "Baked" the header paint,hope it stays on.Never have much luck with it lasting very long.

Comment

Let me know how that header paint works out, I am thinking of using it myself in a couple months.

Comment

My new steel tube after-market headers on my Mustang started to rust so I just brushed on some Ospho. They got this not real pretty but even patina that looks OK and doesn't rust. I heard that the usual header coatings don't hold up very well.

Comment

Let me know how that header paint works out, I am thinking of using it myself in a couple months.
                    I will,like I said I baked em in the oven first so it should help......

Originally posted by denguy View Post
                    My new steel tube after-market headers on my Mustang started to rust so I just brushed on some Ospho. They got this not real pretty but even patina that looks OK and doesn't rust. I heard that the usual header coatings don't hold up very well.
                    What is OSPHO & PATINA ?

Comment

Made a little progress last night.So dang busy cant get anything finished drool I decided against the floro green & went with charcoal grey. Also found one of the rocker arm oil passages blocked with something. Dont know what it was but glad I saw it.:nono:

Last edited by nitrofarm; 10-30-2012, 12:08 AM.

Comment

I have to ask, because I really don't know. Is it OK to paint the rocker arms?

Looks really good though!
                        Last edited by scitzz; 10-30-2012, 12:14 AM. Reason: Forgot a compliment!

Comment

Ospho rust treatment has been killing rust in the Marine, Industrial and Automove fields since 1947

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

Comment

I have to ask, because I really don't know. Is it OK to paint the rocker arms?

Looks really good though!
                            No you def dont want to paint em.

Comment

No you def dont want to paint em.
                              OK, because I thought you had painted that one!

Comment

OK, because I thought you had painted that one!
                                Nope jus poked it with a safety pin to clear the oil passage.

Comment

Working...
                                X