Crunch/Grinding noise please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
    yeah i know you do lol. really in that case i might be able to break the 30 min mark, but thinking about it now i wonder if i could break 20.... hmmm

....challenge accepted
    With nothing more than hand tools?

Wait, what kind of nonsense am I talking?
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

that's all i use in the yard, except for the axle nuts, my 1/2" snap-on comes in handy there.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

my 1/2" snap-on comes in handy there.
        I mean if you like it that small.....

Comment

that's all i use in the yard, except for the axle nuts, my 1/2" snap-on comes in handy there.
          Yeah, I bet it does.

20 minutes. Hmmm. The first time I did a festy trans, I needed a clutch. Spent what seemed like forever to do the job, an entire day, mainly trying to get the axle nut off, I didn't have the right socket, and drove an hour to get one.

The second day of driving it, the input shaft broke. I got another trans, took about 2 hours to do the job, but the clutch looked iffy.

The next day at work, that clutch fell apart, and my buddy at AZ gave me another on warranty. I had the wife time me, on already loosened up, rust free bolts, and I did the job in 45 minutes. That was fresh, 12 years younger, no power tools in my possession, best case scenario.

I don't mind taking 4 or 5 hours on it as long as I am taking my sweet time, then when I am done, I feel like doing a whole more, and I had fun
          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

See, that's part of it. If you've done it before, you know exactly what you're going to run into. You know to take a breaker bar or a cheater pipe, you know what
            sockets and extentions you'll need, including the 10mm. A pro even knows to take a size up and down for the axle nut in the case of that occasional odd sized nut.
            Then there's the time the trans mount is already taken, or one or both of the axles are gone, then it's really fast. I'd love to be able to take a sawzall in there ha, ha,
            97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
            CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
            Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

I have used my sawzall at the yard several times. You just gotta be good at hiding it and then be quick with it I have found the yards around here to be under staffed on Sunday afternoons, so that's when I do questionable things. Lol
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
              X