Fusible links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
    And a Ford TSR upped that to 25-35-25, but I've run the readily available 30-40-30 on all my cars for approaching a decade.
    Note to self. Never buy into a Mitchell on Demand something or other. No updates

I personally know a ton of people on this forum who have run the 30 40 30 upgrade without the first issue. Please note my problems with the 30 in the middle....Although I had a wire in bad shape, the 40 allowed me to get home with no problem, while a 30 wouldn't cut it, so a 25 would have left me getting a tow as well....I also plan on upgrading my alternator very soon.
    Last edited by scitzz; 10-27-2012, 07:10 AM.
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Another thing to really watch out for guys is the wires in the head lite plug. Because they are up front an exposed to the elements.They really corrode bad,the Aspire I'm driving right now was extremely bad.Had a complete meltdown when I first bought her.The plastic was all melted from the extreme heat/resistance. I had to cut back about 6 inch's of wire from the actually metal spade terminal.And I was still getting some green corrosion when I would strip the outer shielding away.You guys down south probably don't see this as much,but here in the Rust Belt its pretty common.Heres a simple test,after driving at night with your brights on.Get out and pop the hood and feel the plastic plug that plugs into the bulb. If its really hot,you've should look at the plastic surrounding the wires/terminals for signs of melting.Do it now before it bites you in the Butt.
      Last edited by nitrofarm; 10-27-2012, 08:36 AM.
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
        Note to self. Never buy into a Mitchell on Demand something or other. No updates

I personally know a ton of people on this forum who have run the 30 40 30 upgrade without the first issue. Please note my problems with the 30 in the middle....Although I had a wire in bad shape, the 40 allowed me to get home with no problem, while a 30 wouldn't cut it, so a 25 would have left me getting a tow as well....I also plan on upgrading my alternator very soon.
        I only ask because the ford manual said the same previously, and hopefully everyone knows that if you put in too big of a fuse you can melt wires if there's a problem in one of the car's electrical circuits. Although I do understand it's not easy to find 15A cartridge fuses. I have found 20A and 25A, I'm gonna try that route.
        Josh Z.

Comment

Re: Fusible links

Originally posted by WeDefyU View Post
          I only ask because the ford manual said the same previously, and hopefully everyone knows that if you put in too big of a fuse you can melt wires if there's a problem in one of the car's electrical circuits. Although I do understand it's not easy to find 15A cartridge fuses. I have found 20A and 25A, I'm gonna try that route.
          Cool. Let us know how they works for you, it should be fine. The thirty forty thirty is plenty safe though, and is an easy upgrade. Those fuses are "free" at pnp...

==================================================

Call the authorities, Scitzz has escaped the Insane Asylum again!
          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Working...
          X