No announcement yet.

passenger front wheel bearings shot!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone in WI needs help doing theirs I have everything needed Press,spacers,torque wrench etc. It takes me @ 1 hr per side.Actually the prep work (Cleaning)takes the most time.
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

I don't have a P&P anywhere near me. If anybody is going to one for something Festy I would greatly appreciate it if you pulled the vertical steel bracket that is one of the pieces that holds the square plastic console box in place between the dash and the hump, and sends it to me. Thanks.

Comment

Anyone know where I could buy backing plates for an aspire? I have another set of aspire knuckles to rebuild, but one has a backing plate missing.
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
          Anyone know where I could buy backing plates for an aspire? I have another set of aspire knuckles to rebuild, but one has a backing plate missing.
          You are talking about the dust shield on the front correct? They arent available new,and its really hard to remove & reinstall them. I think I have a new kia one that I was going to try to make work but lost interest. Most people just knock them off ( or like in my case) whats left of them by the time I buy the car.

Comment

Yea the dust shield..kia knuckles should be the same, I was going to call the kia dealer today and see if they could get them, but Google said the local warner kia dealership is closed today. I only need one side but I didn't look close enough to figure out which side it is. I would love to get ahold of a set of newish ones so I can tear mine down and paint them.
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Yea the dust shield..kia knuckles should be the same, I was going to call the kia dealer today and see if they could get them, but Google said the local warner kia dealership is closed today. I only need one side but I didn't look close enough to figure out which side it is. I would love to get ahold of a set of newish ones so I can tear mine down and paint them.
              Well for sure they are available because I bought at least one for cheap.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bert;552731]
                Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                I think I might start selling assembled hubs on here...QUOTE]

Aside from the 'weighty' freight charges you might just have a very good idea there. Do you think your work will go maintenance-free for 60,000 miles? Nice thing about Aspire hubs is, once they're in place, replacing rotors does not involve taking hubs off like on a Festy. How many folks cringe at the (ought to be simple) prospect of changing Festy rotors?
                The last ones I did were about 2 years ago on my ago, WELL over 60K ago...
                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

38.17 each is not my idea of cheap... Who really needs backing plates anyway.. I might see how long I can run without them.
                  2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                  1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

38.17 each is not my idea of cheap... Who really needs backing plates anyway.. I might see how long I can run without them.
                    I get a nice discount on that.

Comment

haha......must be nice what's up buddddie
                      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

When I changed my rotors I ground a small clearance space into the knuckle just big enough to get a socket onto the rotor mounting bolts. It didn't take much.

Comment

Originally posted by denguy View Post
                          When I changed my rotors I ground a small clearance space into the knuckle just big enough to get a socket onto the rotor mounting bolts. It didn't take much.
                          I gather you're talking about OEM Festy parts. Glad to see you managed to do this. Great modification well worth detailing for other folks. I'd often thought about it but once I saw how Aspire front brakes worked I abandoned the idea, and the whole Festy set up.

Comment

Find a quality Ford Festiva Spindle Knuckle, Fr and other used Car parts from the top auto salvage yards. We have the largest selection of Ford Festiva Spindle Knuckle, Fr parts at discount prices.
                            ;
                            www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
                            rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
                            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
                            '92 Festiva L M/T
                            '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

Working...
                            X