Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

every 2 years I need new lower control arms?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: every 2 years I need new lower control arms?????

I change out my autozone LCAs about every other year at best. Lifetime warranty, and boy does it get used often.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
    91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
    92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
    95 Grand Prix SE DD
    Wife's Stuff:
    89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
    97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
    Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

I find that ball joint boots fall apart in a year or less. After that the ball joint gets contaminated and dries out very quickly.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
        Really? I am not understanding why anyone is having to "just change out the LCA's". I have never had to change them except for one I owned years ago.
        I don't do it as maintenance, but when I notice the wobble. I have been getting longer life out of my axle's since I started using STP treatment on the boots every couple weeks, but I used to go through those as often. Any time I put the car in the air, I check for wobble. My drivers side may need it, and will be checking in a day or so, but I am getting funky steering signs in the last week.

I figure if I get 75K, then others will get more. I hit a LOT of curbs, dodging morons on foot and in motorized vehicles. Do you recall my post a year or so ago when I jumped one so hard to keep from getting T-boned by a Titan that my sway bar mount yanked out? That kind of stuff.
        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

You may be buying Chinese. I've heard some use a lower quality rubber on car parts. That seems to match your experience. The ones I have were rebuilt and have been fine.
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
          X