This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold air when i put on vents ugh

ok i give , i put the air on the vents and its not heat its freezing cold and even when the heats on my feet or defrost the vents above the radio still have cold air coming in and yes my heat is hot .also i plugged the exterior vent hole under the cowl it didnt change this annoying cold air coming thru the center of my dash why wont the vents allow hot air confused anyone else have this issue ?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Re: cold air when i put on vents ugh

disreguard this i just saw its a two stage heater box thanks to the search bar but still why is there cold air when i dont want it coming thru when the heat is on wheres the door located that blocks the four vents off any pics would be appreciated

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

The heater doesn't blow through the dash vents. Due to the ducting design in the dash there is no route from the heater to the dash vents. Keep it on feet/defrost for heat.
      EDIT: Looks like you figured it out while I was typing.
      Last edited by kellen302; 11-17-2012, 05:22 PM.
      Owner of:
      1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
      In progress:
      BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

The door that blocks the vents when you have the heat on is all the way on the passenger side it has a small flaper thats cable operated.

Comment

sounds like the position door and fresh air door seals are in need of replacement. old foam allowing air to get past the seals.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Don't feel bad, the Festiva heater thing confused me at first too. It's the only water cooled car I've ever had that didn't have heat at the vents.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
            X