universal headlamp capsules how to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• universal headlamp capsules how to

as the normal headlamp capsules are 75$ + how to go about putting in the universal ones, is it to much trouble. my other friend is giving me 100 bucks to get things i need to get it going. so how much trouble are the universal headlamp capsules to get in?

Re: universal headlamp capsules how to

What are you talking about?
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I think he is just talking about a headlight? Try looking for a local junk yard, you could get one there for under $20 if you can find one in decent shape. Or put up a wtb thread here and someone could probably help you out. Much cheaper than $75 or trying to get a universal headlight to fit.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
      The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
        I think he is just talking about a headlight? Try looking for a local junk yard, you could get one there for under $20 if you can find one in decent shape. Or put up a wtb thread here and someone could probably help you out. Much cheaper than $75 or trying to get a universal headlight to fit.
        LoL yeah headlight Just was being very specific, it's the glass casing that the bulb goes in it's called a capsule. Going to check the local yard tomorrow see if they have one

Comment

I always just called 'em headlights. The bulb is a lamp.
          1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
          1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
          1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
          1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
          2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
          2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
          2005 Accord - wife's DD
          2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
          2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

No junk yards have one, and im not old enough on here to make a WTB post, Anyways Ive seen some folks with the round universal headlights,(on here) and well there is the rectangle ones too. i mean i should it really be hard to put them in ?

Comment

98-2000 ranger headlight assemblies are almost a direct bolt in. Check Ebay. if you get them without the turn signal/side marker light the metal piece under the Festiva headlights can stay. Here is an example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/98000-RANGER...05d98d&vxp=mtr
              Last edited by Team Lightning; 11-20-2012, 12:23 PM.
              Jerry
              Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
              90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
              92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
              93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

9004-9007 wiring diagram:
                Jerry
                Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                93 L Lightning. BP

Comment

so if i got the capsule off a ranger would i be able to get it to stay in on mine, the assembly ( metal brakcet ) and plug are fine its just the glass on the front of the capsule is broken

Comment

Yes, although you'll have to modify the light mounting pass-through area to allow for the additional light (turn signal/projector) to pass through the housing, and you will have to trim your grille to the angle of the new lights.

Last edited by DriverOne; 11-20-2012, 12:45 PM.
                    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Just the glass wont fit. To use the ranger assembly you need the complete units. Both sides. Also the ranger uses 9007 bulbs for those yrs. Festiva's uses the 9004.
                      Jerry
                      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                      93 L Lightning. BP

Comment

IMAG0613.jpg this is my issue lol

Comment

There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

would these work ? http://www.ebay.com/itm/93-97-Ford-R...d1bcc6&vxp=mtr

Comment

That generation hasn't been tested yet. 98-00 is the only one we know works, but if you can find one in the junkyards, try and see if it will fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X