Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Noise / Phenomenon on Startup

Hey all,

So I've been developing a strange noise/phenomenon on my B6T swap lately that I'd like to decipher. When completely cold on first startup and second startup, she'll stall almost instantly after barely attempting to idle. After a short drive down my block, I'll put the clutch in and she'll die almost instantly. After that slightly-driven stall, it'll be almost impossible to start for several cranks. After those several cranks, she'll barely idle very low and eventually come to life. However, when she does come to life... it makes a strange blubbering noise that is similar to what noise you make when you blubber your lips with a finger in front. That brbrbrbrbbrbrbr noise. Sometimes, it'll go away when the car warms up... but often the blubbering sticks around, which drops my power and makes the car considerably harder to drive. Any ideas on what's going on here? Thanks everyone,

Aaron

PS - I have hood vents, which could be contributing as water occasionally gets into the spark plug holes. Working on a solution to that but this issue seems somewhat separate to it all.
    Last edited by Aaronbrook37; 11-19-2012, 05:09 PM.
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Does it sound like its missing? I had a similar noise from the VAF problem I was telling you about. Plenty of spark but too much fuel. I also assume the head gasket has been fixed? Might be hard to do but a video of said noise would be helpful.

-Scott
    Aqua 93 L
    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
    White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

It's a strange mix between a Subaru and a Harley in terms of noise. I may put together an audio clip at least so people know what I'm talking about!

Comment

I have the exact same noise at the moment, I have a burnt exhaust valve.
        New head will be going on tomorrow.
        Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
        1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

Quick update... one of my spark plug wires is disintegrating. I can visually see a spark shooting out of the wire every 1/2 second. As such, I'll take another vehicle up to the parts store and get some new wires! Hopefully this is the only issue, but maybe there's something else going on. It's strange to me that the noise disappears and the car's power is restored when it warms up half of the time...

Comment

New spark plug wires, no problemo.

Comment

Working...
            X