No announcement yet.

Ford Aspire issue, have no clue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure it would evaporate before it had time to eat the hard plastic.
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Well, car isn't starting anymore even with the old part's put back on. I can get a fuel pressure tester tomorrow or so.

Comment

Where are you located?
        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

He's in Mulberry, So. of Plantcity/Lakeland. On 60 & 37.
          Last edited by navdoc101; 01-29-2013, 09:52 PM.
          If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Yeah, Mulberry, FL. Exit 25 county line road, corner of county line road and SR 60.

Comment

Doesn't the collector live by there.
              ;
              www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
              rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
              '92 Festiva L M/T
              '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

Yeah, I believe he live's in Tampa. I just want this weekend to hurry up because then I get the Festiva; My Step-Brother is driving it while we wait for fuel injector's for his Storm.

Comment

The Collector lives north of me in Hudson, I live in Tampa, very close to Busch Gardens.
                  If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Im interested to see what the fix was, I am having the same issue

Comment

If it's hot and humid, then ethanol poisoning. clean the tank and fill up with some real gas-o-line.

Comment

Could be?
                        But it will idle no problem and then stall when I open the throttle? Gets worse when it starts to warm up?
                        Could it be the fuel pump
                        Last edited by YorT; 06-22-2013, 08:36 PM.

Comment

^ year? it can make a differance
                          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

OK so an update.

drained the tank and filled with new fuel, engine behaved normally, now after driving around for about half a tank it has started to do it again???
                            Not as bad but still the same issue when it gets warmed up and is driven underload, i.e. up hills

I'm not sure what to do next hmmmmmm

Comment

Check for loose grounds. When was the fuel filter last replaced?

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
                              Ian
                              Calgary AB, Canada
                              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

I would really try a "Known Good" Dizzy,you might be chasing a Ghost with the fuel tank(maybe not). But its giving you all the signs of a Dizzy thats failing. Dont forget the Aspire's have the coil inside. Aspire's like to fail this way. Had one do this to me on a TOP END overhaul,so I kept telling myself I missed timed the engine (Tunnel Vision).Finally I decided its the dizzy,because it would idle pretty good.But would just bawg bawg bawg down under load. You can slap a Dizzy in there pretty quick. Otherwise check your fuel pressure by pinching the vaccum hose that goes to the regulator. Hope this helps-
                                Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                                Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                                Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
                                X