distributer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distributer

OK so on my 1990 5 spd i drove it almost 1 block then the car died after awhile a found out that there was no spark then when i got new spark plugs and there was still no spark i pulled off the distributor cap and looked at the points were the currant goes and that looked good then i decided to see if the rotor turns and it does not so i looked at the timing belt to make sure that that was not broken and when i saw that it was in OK condition i was not sure what the problem was and my friend told me that all the other belts spin when i try to start the engine. so would it be that the distributor is shot or would it be something different?

does the timing belt turn when you are cranking the engine?

if it does and the rotor does not turn while cranking the engine,
    then your camshaft has broke in two pieces.

Comment

Your timing belt is located behind the plastic cover, your other belts will still turn even if your timing belt broke.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

ya the timing belt does spin and if i take the distributor off the engine it will spin so i am thinking that there is something wrong with my cam is it easy to brake a cam

Comment

Take off the valve cover and see if the valves are going up and down when the engine is turned over? Bit odd to see some moving and some not.
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

ya today i finally worked on my car and i found out that the bolt that hods on the timing blet pulley Brock off so that that is why the timing belt would spin but the cam would not it was mostly because of my stupidity of trying to take my festive mudding and got it stuck in the mud puddle that was deeper than i thought it was and ended up getting water in my engine that made the cam start to seize up on me ops:

Comment

Start looking for another engine.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
              BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
              BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
              New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by McFatam
                ya today i finally worked on my car and i found out that the bolt that hods on the timing belt pulley Brock off so that that is why the timing belt would spin but the cam would not it was mostly because of my stupidity of trying to take my festive mudding and got it stuck in the mud puddle that was deeper than i thought it was and ended up getting water in my engine that made the cam start to seize up on me ops:
                so what you are really trying to tell us,
                you accidentally missed some prudent information that would of ended this post a long time ago?????????? :roll: :? :shock:

Comment

ya something like that

Comment

Working...
                  X