Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bp car jerking to the left not pulling jerking !!!???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ i will keep that in mind still

heres whats up now. i put it up in the air today with the tow motor at work today and checked the axles and they seem ok i guess. so after that i drove around for a bit to try to get it to do it again but it didnt!???!!! what the heck is that all about? i dont want to get my hopes up because cars dont fix themselves. could it have been something in my brakes? warped rotor? any suggestions please
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

loose nut behind the wheel....
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

hmmm could be
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Double check the ball joints are not loose. The usuall check with the front lifted and supported, grab the bottom of the wheel and push/pull in and out. Then if all checks out, push it up. If you can't get it high enough to get under it completely, use a large pry bar or 2x4 pipe whatever you can find. Have you swapped the tires around?
          Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
          93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
          91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
          93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
          15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
          88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

i just wanted to update this thread. i have been driving the bp car around for about a week now with no problems. i did not change the axles or any replace any other parts i didnt even tighten any bolts or anything but the car has driven fine. i started by driving it a few blocks but built up to longer trips. i have driven it 20 mins at a time with no prob driven with a light foot and have also beat on it alittle with no problems.... the issue is completely gone... any theories?

Comment

Maybe the cv joint didn't like the jackshaft being out of line, and when you lifted it, it moved the joint to full extension then reset it.
              -Zack
              Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

i was thinking something along those lines, like it bound up when it fell and finally popped back fully into place :dontknow: arty said i scared it

Comment

Well it started up again time for a nw axle I guess

Comment

I cant fricking believe it but my b6 cat just started doing the same thing but to the right! What the heck am I doing wrong!?

Comment

Im literally fed up and am about to get rid of all 3 and buy a newer car!

Comment

can you calm down enough to let me take a look before doing anything rash.
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

The peaspire wanted to jerk hard left into oncomming traffic every time it shifted...it pulled left while accelerating and probably would have been real bad with more horses. My problem was the steering rack. Maybe under acceleration your jackshaft is peeling off the back of the block? Can you make up some type of bracket that bolts to other block holes to keep it pinned tight to the block? Or maybe the axels aren't side to side aligned right? The hub side of the cv axel doesn't move in or out so you shouldn't have any play with the axel nut on...if you take the axel nut off it should slide in and out of the cv cup but not have to pull out on the axel to make it fully seat in the hub.
                          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Working...
                          X