Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whoops... Ran my Festy with too much oil...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Movin View Post
    Chinese rubber...It has a crimp clamp holding the hose onto the nipple in the adapter.
    Use some vice grips or? to squeeze the crimp and turn. The crimp is not tight enough anymore and squeezing it should be just enough to back out.

The adapter should have a oring to make the seal ( it does not need to be very tight at all to seal ) and this oring can be slicked up or softened up by a little hot oil poured down in there.
    Finally went got the tester hose adapter out and went and bought a brand new tester gauge. This time worked like a champ.

Here are the numbers I got: 210, 160, 190, 184.

What do you guys think? Obviously there is a large range in pressure with #2 @ 160 being the lowest.

93L

Comment

I think the 160 could be blow by or perhaps a very small break in the gasket or head.
      I'm not sure what the reading should be on a b3 (this is my first festiva).
      But if the 180-190 range is normal, I'd be checking cylinder 1 to see if one of the exhaust valves is stuck shut or bent.
      That's possibly why the car idles OK but when given throttle is struggles.

BUT!!!!
      See what the normal range should be first.
      I'm sure someone will dime in soon.

Best of luck!
      1988 MAZDA 121- B6T + G5MR SWAP IN PROGRESS.

Comment

One of the exhaust valves???
        Lol.
        I meant THE exhaust valve.
        I forgot that its an 8 valve motor.
        1988 MAZDA 121- B6T + G5MR SWAP IN PROGRESS.

Comment

Ordering new head gasket, valve cover gasket, grease seal, timing belt and water pump.

Anything else I'm missing to try to breathe new life into this old gas miser?

93L

Comment

If it runs fine when cold and crappy when warm it may just be an O2 sensor. If they get coated the ECM thinks the O2 sensor is fine but will give slow or incorrect outputs.

Comment

Ford manual states if low reading is within 75% of highest reading it's OK.

Comment

Working...
              X